Hammer thrower Gwen Berry turns away from flag while anthem plays at Olympic trials

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

She added that she felt it was disrespectful that the anthem was played given her past stance on the issue. This isn't the first time that Berry has made such a protest, and she was previously reprimanded by the International Olympic Committee (IOC), which even placed her on probation for a year, during which she was banned from any form of protest.

Again, what makes her think that she commands the ceremony? If she doesn't want to hear the national anthem, go do something where she can reasonably expect not to hear it. She has no business on that team representing the US. Go do your activism on your own time.

And I'm not even a fan of Olympics anyway. But damn, if you're going to compete on a team. Follow the ***damn team rules. That podium is not her personal platform for her activism.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Personally I feel there are many freedoms at play here:

She's free to be an athlete.
    She's free to reach the "top".
    She's free to turn her back on the flag.
    We are free to support her or condemn her.
    Her support people are free to support her or condemn her.
    The powers that be are free to keep her or boot her.
    We're also free to contact the USA Olympic committee, and stop watching the games

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Her only motivation was to get on the podium so she can get some “activist” cred. This wasn’t a spur of the moment thing. It was the plan all along. Pretty self serving if you ask me.
    She wants some of that Kaepernick Ka$h

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    She apparently already tried holding her breath until her lips turned blue.

View attachment 146000
    Wonder who paid for all those earrings and fake eyelashes? If she feels so mistreated why doesn’t she go back to St. Louis, maybe she’ll get hammered there! Nobody is forcing her to compete in the Olympics so she is free to leave anytime she wishes. Maybe it’s too easy to play the race card when you end up in 3rd place.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    7 earrings in one ear.
    False eyelashes and painted on eyebrows.

Yup. Really oppresses.
    iu

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There's probably more truth in this comment than you know.
    DoggyMama tried the fake eyelashes once. I, being the sensitive person that I am, just kind of nodded in feigned approval at first. Now keep in mind that she's a natural redhead and there isn't a single jet black hair on her anywhere. When she asked me to be honest, I told her that it kind of looked like there were a couple of wooly worms crawling across her eyelids. She took them off shortly afterward. :):

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Again, what makes her think that she commands the ceremony? If she doesn't want to hear the national anthem, go do something where she can reasonably expect not to hear it. She has no business on that team representing the US. Go do your activism on your own time.

And I'm not even a fan of Olympics anyway. But damn, if you're going to compete on a team. Follow the ***damn team rules. That podium is not her personal platform for her activism.
    Exactly. She knew the anthem would be played so why did'nt she chose not to compete? She talks about being disrespected. Howbout the selfish disrespect she showed toward the other participants so she could grab the spotlight?

Top Bottom