Hammer thrower Gwen Berry turns away from flag while anthem plays at Olympic trials

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I heard or read this earlier. Total whacknuts. I don't get competing as a representative of your country and acting like a child.

Then try and tell me its because you are doing it for a higher purpose. Thats BS. You are doing it for you and the attention. Quit spending all that time working out and go work for you higher purpose if that is what you believe in most.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I say, let her go make an ass out of herself.

Remember this, next time you're tempted to argue with the "next Kut:"

"...And so, while Price and Andersen stood still on the podium with their hands over the hearts and stared straight ahead at the American and Oregon flags, Berry fidgeted and paced on the third step. Then she turned away and finally grabbed her T-shirt.

"They said they were going to play it before we walked out, then they played it when we were out there,'' said Berry. "But I don't really want to talk about the anthem because that's not important. The anthem doesn't speak for me. It never has...''

Some of these people are from a different reality, in their minds. It was Michelle Obama, saying "for the first time in my life," she was proud of America for electing her husband. It was an INGO Moderator, Que, giving me a raft of crap and trying to bait me into a dung-flinging contest, when I mentioned it here.

Get it into your heads, people. Que is not "one of us," whatever that means to you. Gwen Barry, Michelle Obama, Kut...they are from a different reality that they've created in their heads. You are wasting your time arguing with them. It is bitterness, it is anger, and it is impervious to logic.

From this point forward, you have to realize that if someone is a gun owner, Christian, whatever, matters not one bit. Human beings are the only creature which can create their own reality. What reality people create inside their heads, is who they are. We are not "one country." Never were. This activism is an alternative identity, and it lives in an alternative reality.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Funny how people from countries where this behavior would land you and your family in a labor camp, or worse, don't do this. People representing countries where people risk their lives to come to THIS country... yeah we must really suck as a nation.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I say, let her go make an ass out of herself.

Remember this, next time you're tempted to argue with the "next Kut:"

"...And so, while Price and Andersen stood still on the podium with their hands over the hearts and stared straight ahead at the American and Oregon flags, Berry fidgeted and paced on the third step. Then she turned away and finally grabbed her T-shirt.

"They said they were going to play it before we walked out, then they played it when we were out there,'' said Berry. "But I don't really want to talk about the anthem because that's not important. The anthem doesn't speak for me. It never has...''

Some of these people are from a different reality, in their minds. It was Michelle Obama, saying "for the first time in my life," she was proud of America for electing her husband. It was an INGO Moderator, Que, giving me a raft of crap and trying to bait me into a dung-flinging contest, when I mentioned it here.

Get it into your heads, people. Que is not "one of us," whatever that means to you. Gwen Barry, Michelle Obama, Kut...they are from a different reality that they've created in their heads. You are wasting your time arguing with them. It is bitterness, it is anger, and it is impervious to logic.

From this point forward, you have to realize that if someone is a gun owner, Christian, whatever, matters not one bit. Human beings are the only creature which can create their own reality. What reality people create inside their heads, is who they are. We are not "one country." Never were. This activism is an alternative identity, and it lives in an alternative reality.
    I’ll judge people as individuals by what they say and do. Not by the groups they belong to, which forms the basis of Berry’s rant. We are all individuals. We are a “we” only to the extent that some Venn diagrams overlap. That’s the reality.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Funny how people from countries where this behavior would land you and your family in a labor camp, or worse, don't do this. People representing countries where people risk their lives to come to THIS country... yeah we must really suck as a nation.
    It's probably because those countries don't have as important causes to fight for.

Can you imagine all this gender confusion and sexual orientation during the Victorian era? Every time you go in a restaurant there'd have to be twenty-six different restroom

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Third at trials? Glad she took advantage of the opportunity now because I seriously doubt she'll be anywhere close to a podium in Tokyo. I group her with the guy who is an alternate on the Women's BMX team or whatever sport he can't cross gender and be competitive in...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom