Hammer thrower Gwen Berry turns away from flag while anthem plays at Olympic trials

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Here`s a tribute to our beautiful National Anthem. I`ll bet nearly everyone here knows the story behind how the Anthem was written, so it`s here to enjoy yet again, or, if you didn`t know the history, now, as Paul Harvey used to say, here`s the rest of the story:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Reaction of the gold medalist who won the event says that her and Berry have known each other since 2009 and are close teamates and she is basically ok with what she did. She said that "she is gonna do her and I'm gonna do me".

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Park, however, said the Olympic-qualified athlete was “so privileged” and that she does not know what oppression under a dictatorship really looks like.

"In North Korea, people who are actually oppressed don't even know they’re oppressed,” she said. “The fact that she's complaining about oppression and systemic racism — she does not understand that she's so privileged."

Would love to see her the look on her face when someone turns the privileged word on her...

Someone out there always has it worse.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Would love to see her the look on her face when someone turns the privileged word on her...

Someone out there always has it worse.
    Denial. Or smug arrogance claiming Parks words as dismissive and racist.

Or based on the black on asian racism we've been seeing recently, She'd just beat Parks' a** for the statement. :):

Last edited:

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I’ve thrown a ton of hammers. And wrenches. And screwdrivers.

I had no idea this was an Olympic sport. I’ve been training my whole life!
    I was age 9 during the 1964 Olympics. Kept hearing on TV about a great hammer thrower. Grabbed a ball peen hammer from the garage, went into the backyard, spun around, and sailed that sucker over the clothesline and thru the basement window into Dad's work room. I expected a whipping, but after he heard my story, dad didn't have the heart for it.

Top Bottom