• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Student Punished, Charged With a Felony After He ‘Tried to Do the Right Thing’ When He Forgot His Shotgun Was in His Truck | Video | TheBlaze.com

Did search didn't find dupe. This poor kid forgot he left his shotgun in his truck after skeet shooting over the weekend. Realizes and decides to call his mother and have her come get it instead of taking it home and getting slapped with a tardy. Someone eavesdrops and narcs on him. First he is expelled and charged with a felony.

The kicker, a couple of years earlier, the Vice Principle at his school brings a LOADED gun to school and is only charged with a misdemeanor. The poor kid was going to graduate with honors, is an Eagle Scout, has been accepted to two colleges . . . . He is Apple Pie All America kid and this brainless crap has to happen. School and Prosecutor say they are following the letter of the law. Yet he is charged with felony and VP charged with misdemeanor. B.S.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Why make the call ????? Just shut up about it, and leave at the end of the day, and remove it after returning home ..... HOW can you "forget" you have a gun in the car..... When I return home, after the range trip, the FIRST thing I do is REMOVE all my firearms..... because they need to be cleaned .....

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    You forgot he was homecoming King and he was operating an internet business from his garage and was about to sell it to Microsoft.

If he was so great and so smart he would have been smart enough to either take the gun out of his truck before hand or smart enough to keep his trap shut.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I find this very interesting. Two threads on the same incident. But the opinions seem to be polar opposites?

Read the thread mrjarrell posted and come back to this one. Seems this thread is being a lot harder on this kid.

-Rooster-

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    Midwest
    Got to love the legal system. Fails us every time.

It did? Didn't he break the law? Kid, and by kid I mean adult, made a mistake. The punishment seems awfully harsh, but that's the risk you take. A responsible gun owner would never forget a gun was in his/her truck.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    You forgot he was homecoming King and he was operating an internet business from his garage and was about to sell it to Microsoft.

If he was so great and so smart he would have been smart enough to either take the gun out of his truck before hand or smart enough to keep his trap shut.

Some people may be absolute geniuses yet lack common sense. Either way, zero tolerance is BS. This kid made a mistake and tried to rectify it. No one was harmed, yet one careless mistake will ruin his life. It's a shame because we have thugs running the streets that need to have felonies slapped against them but some sissy judge thinks they're "just being kids" and gives them a few hours of community service. Instead, we try to hit a good kid with a felony charge for a stupid mistake.

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    Wow, a guy in my Controls class was just telling me about this. Evidently he is from the same town as this kid and knows him.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    My, how times have changed. I can remember guys leaving their hunting gear (plus shotgun) from hunting on a weekend and going to school Monday morning. At any given time during hunting season, there was probably 1/2 dozen shotguns in our high school parking lot.

MemphisR32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Westfield
    Im glad that he will be able to graduate and the college accepted him.

I remember once in middle school I was on a boy scout trip over the weekend and used by school backpack on the trip to do homework. Well monday around 3rd period I go to look for a book and realize i left my pocket knife in the bottom. I was afraid to call my mom about it for fear of what happened to his guy (there was a zero tolerance policy at my school). I remained paranoid all day till I got home and removed it.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    My, how times have changed. I can remember guys leaving their hunting gear (plus shotgun) from hunting on a weekend and going to school Monday morning. At any given time during hunting season, there was probably 1/2 dozen shotguns in our high school parking lot.

:+1:
    Just a little more prof the country is :toilet2:

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality

More than 1/2 dozen when I went to school. Heck, most everyone that drove a truck had a rack with at least a shotgun in it year-around. Guess what, not one f-ing shooting! Zero tolerance laws are absolute BS, need repealed, and any POS liberal school administration official that tries to enforce that policy needs nothing more than a short drop.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    If he was a star athlete then they would have covered it up, so he wouldn't lose his chance for a college scholarship.

BTW, we used to shoot under the gym at a HS where I grew up............50 ft .22rf range.
    After school of course but..............something has gone very wrong with our society the last few decades.

Did you watch Hannity last night? Yeah, Weather Underground member is faculty at Columbia University.

Just think that kid would have to kill somebody to get tenure and a hefty salary. Shotgun in a truck? Pfffffft that's so community college.

Top Bottom