• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Hopelessly sensationalized reporting but it sounds like the kid caused his own problem. STFU, finish the school day, and go home. Common sense is in such low supply these days.....

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Interesting story. Not sure how I would handle it if I were admin.
    Really?

That sucks but you shouldn't forget your gun in your vehicle. He also should have just left school.

Why not? Because one wouldn't want to run afoul of stupid laws or simply because you don't approve a firearm being left in a vehicle for any period of time beyond the actual conveyance of that firearm from Point A to Point B?

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Hopelessly sensationalized reporting but it sounds like the kid caused his own problem. STFU, finish the school day, and go home. Common sense is in such low supply these days.....

I applaud the kid for trying to fix his mistake the correct way. There is no telling what could have happened if he had just kept quiet. Sure there's a great chance that nothing would have happened, but had someone found it during e school day, or some other worst case scenario, no amount of explaining on his part would be believed.

Lying and covering up are not the morals I want my child to grow up with, so I hope in is case things work out well for him for doing the right thing.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    I applaud the kid for trying to fix his mistake the correct way. There is no telling what could have happened if he had just kept quiet. Sure there's a great chance that nothing would have happened, but had someone found it during e school day, or some other worst case scenario, no amount of explaining on his part would be believed.

Lying and covering up are not the morals I want my child to grow up with, so I hope in is case things work out well for him for doing the right thing.

How was he exacly taking care of this in the correct way.
    By calling his mother to sneak the gun back off of school grounds.
    The law was already broken you can't unbreak it by calling your mommy.
    Yes a felony is way overboard for this situation , but I don't see a morals even playing into it.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Its probably good that his mom didn't show up and take the gun, they'd slap a felony on her too. He should've a.) kept his mouth shut, or b.) took the gun home and lived with the tardy, or c.) moved his truck off of school grounds.

C. Makes the most sense, if it was a possibility.

I hope all turns out well for this boy.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    How was he exacly taking care of this in the correct way.
    By calling his mother to sneak the gun back off of school grounds.
    The law was already broken you can't unbreak it by calling your mommy.
    Yes a felony is way overboard for this situation , but I don't see a morals even playing into it.

One you start speeding the only way to stop breaking the law is to slow down. In this case he couldn't leave school. The law prevents guns on school grounds. So rather than breaking the law all day, and risk the intent of the law, that someone on school property was in danger, he had to remove the gun from the property as soon as possible. He attempted that.

Top Bottom