• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you support mandatory national service for all people ages 18-25?

• Total voters

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Whether you agree with mandatory service, or not, there is one big advantage of making leftwingers serve in the military. They would at least get an education about firearms!!!

That said, most active duty types do not want "draftees" in their ranks. If we had mandatory service, it would be in the National Guard. And minimum required service these days is 8 years though you do not have to spend all of that time on active service (reserves or IRR is allowed after Basic Training).

I would be surprised to see that this bill passes out of the House, let alone the Senate.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Without my two cents, who agrees with mandatory national service for all people between the ages of 18-25? The bill has been sent to committee.

Universal National Service Act (H.R. 748) - GovTrack.us
    To require all persons in the United States between the ages of 18 and 25 to perform national service, either as a member of the uniformed services or as civilian service in a Federal, State, or local government program or with a community-based agency or community-based entity, to authorize the induction of persons in the uniformed services during wartime to meet end-strength requirements of the uniformed services, to provide for the registration of women under the Military Selective Service Act, and for other purposes.

Charlie Rangel wrote this bill. Does he realize that most Blacks could not meet military standards? That the service that they would be required to do would be mostly the jobs that the qualified kids would avoid?

According to PERSCOM, 74% of the young people (ages 17 to 35) can NEVER be enlisted into the military (too stupid, too fat, criminal records, drug usage, etc).

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    So basically a draft. Since I'm 22 I DO NOT support this. Surprise surprise, Charlie Rangel is behind it. He's tried to start this before.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So basically a draft. Since I'm 22 I DO NOT support this. Surprise surprise, Charlie Rangel is behind it. He's tried to start this before.

Technically a draft would be a random selection where not everyone would serve. Mandatory service would be mandatory unless you were not able (mentally handicapped for example or physically disabled).

the 2nd amendment does require that all males be "well regulated" as they are part of the militia. And SCOTUS has ruled that the government does have the power to tax your work by requiring your service.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Whether you agree with mandatory service, or not, there is one big advantage of making leftwingers serve in the military. They would at least get an education about firearms!!!
    What is the advantage to having the statist leftwingers become militant?

If we had mandatory service, it would be in the National Guard. And minimum required service these days is 8 years though you do not have to spend all of that time on active service (reserves or IRR is allowed after Basic Training).
    What if people don't want to join the NG? I'm comfortable with my life choices between 18-25.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It would force leftwingers and progressives to actually handle guns?????
    To require all persons in the United States between the ages of 18 and 25 to perform national service, either as a member of the uniformed services or as civilian service in a Federal, State, or local government program or with a community-based agency or community-based entity, to authorize the induction of persons in the uniformed services during wartime to meet end-strength requirements of the uniformed services, to provide for the registration of women under the Military Selective Service Act, and for other purposes.
    Umm, no. This act isn't compulsory military service up front, though it seems to have a section about a possible draft.

Back to my question - anyone want to admit to voting "yes" and explain why?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    It's my life. If I choose to spend a part of it in the military that ought to be my business and my decision. Mandatory service is ignorant.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yes, we need universal service. My generation and the generations before me were all very respectful, moral, law abiding citizens. It's only the generation after mine that hAs become lazy degenerates. They need shipped into shape and what better way than sending them to boot camp and to some third world ****hole. They'll all be turned into respectful, moral, law abiding citizens just like me.

Top Bottom