• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you support mandatory national service for all people ages 18-25?

• Total voters

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Again, the only one who is pushing mandatory service is Charlie Rangel. Anyone who has served in recent years understands that very few American kids are able to serve, even if forced. They are far more screwed up than were the Vietnam generation (one out of three served back then). Why should we in the military have to deal with your brats? I would rather that the military be an elite corps that excludes most Americans.

The only "advantage" of mandatory service would be making the kids of leftwingers handle guns and be shown discipline. But that is not worth having to deal with them. We are better off with our current, elite, system.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yes, we need universal service. My generation and the generations before me were all very respectful, moral, law abiding citizens. It's only the generation after mine that hAs become lazy degenerates. They need shipped into shape and what better way than sending them to boot camp and to some third world ****hole. They'll all be turned into respectful, moral, law abiding citizens just like me.

Wait, are you serious about "the generation after mine", or are you just saying the same darn thing everyone has said since (I believe) Socrates said it long, long before your generation?

And the Gov't is the best one to instill morals and respect?

Oh wait, I think I see the purple now.

Again, the only one who is pushing mandatory service is Charlie Rangel.

Six INGOers agree with him. Come forward and be counted you six!

;)

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Again, the only one who is pushing mandatory service is Charlie Rangel.

Oh, really?

What I dislike is the movement from citizen-soldiers to professionals. Cops now see themselves as the warrior class, elite above their peers. It would be far better if we had mandatory service (from 17 to 45) for all males in the Guard. Then use the Guard instead of a professional police force.

Given that the militia is the pool from which we draw the military, the police and the fire fighters, it would make sense to have a "well regulated" population that is qualified to serve, if needed. Thus would it not be smarter to have the military involved in how kids are raised? Or even military academies ran by the National Guard for kids from 12 to 18?

Lets say that we had an eight year obligation which would be served in the Guard unless you volunteered to go active duty (eight years is the current minimum obligation which can be served active, reserves or IRR). If you would object to service then why not require you to live outside the US for that 8 years.

I believe that you have an obligation to serve. That the price of freedom is service. And that only those who serve have paid their debt to society.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Wait, are you serious about "the generation after mine", or are you just saying the same darn thing everyone has said since (I believe) Socrates said it long, long before your generation?

And the Gov't is the best one to instill morals and respect?

Oh wait, I think I see the purple now.

Six INGOers agree with him. Come forward and be counted you six!

;)

My post was sarcasm directed at the constant belittling of the youth around here. Those who do so seem to always forget their parents said the same things about their generation that they are now saying about the current youth.

Top Bottom