• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    Our local shops, PSS and bradis guns have both been extremely as of late.... Is this a trend others are seeing in their respective areas? Is it something to do with the presidential election coming up?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Our local shops, PSS and bradis guns have both been extremely as of late.... Is this a trend others are seeing in their respective areas? Is it something to do with the presidential election coming up?
    Don't know about the local gun shops, but I ordered some ammo from Widener's last Saturday, and by Tuesday when I hadn't received an email letting me know it had shipped, I emailed them to see if there was a problem. They said that they were just running several days behind in their shipping. It finally shipped on Friday. Guess their business is good! Normally I receive a ship confirmation from them the very next business day (which would've been Monday).

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    O-Firearem-Salesman-of-the-Year.-210x300.jpg

Seven High

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Midwest Guns on Rush Ct in Elkhart is always packed on the weekends. This is without any sales going on.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I stopped at the gun store on McGalliard in Muncie today and it was pretty busy. I don't know if they were selling anything but there were several people in the store looking around.

Last edited:

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    PSS has been busy for a long time. I like going in there, but it does seem to be getting worse probably like others have said it's because of tax time. Although I have to wonder how people are getting their tax returns so early.

FFJakeT

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    I have noticed Highsmith's has been busy lately too. they just got some good publicity in the paper twice in a week about them getting approved to open their new store just up the road with an indoor range.

ngonerogwu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Evansville
    I've purchased 3 guns in the past 3 weeks... Not due to taxes or anything. Just happened to find guns at prices I told myself if I saw, I'd buy.

Now if I get a tax refund..... I'll be one of those buyers too :-)

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    It does seem like the shops have been busy the past few months. I was in PSS on Black Friday and it was an absolute mad-house.

I know the economy is supposedly in rough shape, but you can't tell it by the amount of foot traffic in the gun shops. It seems like a lot of folks have money to burn on luxury items like guns.

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    I ran into the same problem with a dealer out of Texas. I ordered a barrel for my Texas Defender and after a weak of the transaction report saying "pending", I called them. They said they were just running behind. I guess with so many people getting their cc permits and buying guns is increasing to the point where they all are cramped with orders.

Top Bottom