• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedSox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Camby
    Bill of Rights has a thread with the current session info, I beleive the one you are referencing is SB 229. There are letter outlines you can use to send to your reps.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    It may be a dupe..but hopefully some folks will actually WRITE their reps on this rather than just hohum around about anti's pushing their agenda...while not pushing the apple cart the other direction.

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    This would be big for me. I'm a school bus driver and even though I don't park on property with a school, I do on school owned property. Would be nice to get some of my rights back.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    The bill and amendment you are talking about is SB 229 as Amended to include (MOST OF) what was in HB 1048; this languange was modified slightly.I have not had time to digest all of the details as I had to leave the office almostl immediately after the committee meeting ended.Carry on School Busses would still be prohibited. - yes See the 2014 Legislative session thread by BoR ...or if you're on facebook join IMAGC. we will also have an update later.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Yes I know BoR has this in the 2014 thread up top ... I'm trying to spread the word further ...
    so I am sharing this (and FTR IMAGC is founded by MOMS that are also on INGO)

IMAGC UPDATE: If you've got facebook go like it and share it please
    Help save a sheep - spread the word

https://www.facebook.com/IndianaMomsAgainstGunControl/posts/580924931999406?notif_t=like

Note: we corrected the procedure thing in the comments. ...

for those without facebook - let us know here:
    Today there was a small victory in the House Committee for Public Policy. The wording for HB 1048 was added as an amendment to SB 229. For those of you like myself that forget which number goes with which bill, I will give a short description. SB 229 would prohibit the gun buyback programs. Added to this (personally a bigger concern) HB 1048 would make it no longer a felony to leave a gun out of site in a locked car on school property. It also has a provision for students involved with a school shooting sports program to leave their gun in a locked car with permission of the school principal. This means if you go to pick up your child from school and need to go inside you would no longer have to park off of school grounds, or make a trip home to disarm. You would be able to just lock your gun in your vehicle.
    SB 229 (with the added amendment of wording from HB 1048) passed the committee with only Representatives Gia Quinta and Errington opposing. Though I was unable to be there in person I listened to the live stream at home. There was testimony opposing (including MDA), and some very well spoken testimony supporting. This is a great step, but don’t stop pushing now. SB 229 will now be scheduled for a vote in the Senate and then the House for ratification. Send letters, and/or make phone calls. Don’t give up now. Our voices are being heard, and we must keep fighting.
    -MeL

COMMENTS ADDED:
    Indiana Moms Against Gun Control: This will go for a vote in the House first, not the Senate. Sorry for the error.

Indiana Moms Against Gun Control: Just a correction to the process; IIRC: the bill goes to the full house, and then if approved to the senate for apporoval or to a conference committee with the senate and house to resolve the differences. This is actually a great win; but it is not complete yet! I was able to listen as well and we can provide some more info and details later. --- BB3.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    ...if you go to pick up your child from school...you would no longer have to...make a trip home to disarm...

which is what I have to do everyday. it's so annoying, such a hassle, and extremely unnecessary. I will be writing a letter! (fingers crossed)

Indy 1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Has something changed. I was under the impression that you could have a firearm in your possesion transporting your child to or from school. Am I wrong on this?

IC 35-47-9-1
    Exemptions from chapter
    35-47-9-1 Sec. 1. This chapter does not apply to the following:
    (1) A:
    (A) federal;
    (B) state; or
    (C) local;
    law enforcement officer.
    (2) A person who has been employed or authorized by:
    (A) a school; or
    (B) another person who owns or operates property being used by a school for a school
    function;
    to act as a security guard, perform or participate in a school function, or participate in any
    other activity authorized by a school.
    (3) A person who:
    (A) may legally possess a firearm; and
    (B) possesses the firearm in a motor vehicle that is being operated by the person to
    transport another person to or from a school or a school function.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Has something changed. I was under the impression that you could have a firearm in your possesion transporting your child to or from school. Am I wrong on this?

IC 35-47-9-1
    Exemptions from chapter
    35-47-9-1 Sec. 1. This chapter does not apply to the following:
    (1) A:
    (A) federal;
    (B) state; or
    (C) local;
    law enforcement officer.
    (2) A person who has been employed or authorized by:
    (A) a school; or
    (B) another person who owns or operates property being used by a school for a school
    function;
    to act as a security guard, perform or participate in a school function, or participate in any
    other activity authorized by a school.
    (3) A person who:
    (A) may legally possess a firearm; and
    (B) possesses the firearm in a motor vehicle that is being operated by the person to
    transport another person to or from a school or a school function.

You can, but some schools require the parent to get out of their car

Top Bottom