• ...and so much more!
  • Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    They did such a bang up (pun not intended) job on keeping us safe from covid that this will be a real s4it show also!

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I mean...y'all went along with letting them tell you you're not allowed to leave the house. You went along with letting them tell you to wear a mask. You went along with them forcing you to get a shot. Did you really think they wouldn't see if you'd go along with letting them take your guns?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I mean...y'all went along with letting them tell you you're not allowed to leave the house. You went along with letting them tell you to wear a mask. You went along with them forcing you to get a shot. Did you really think they wouldn't see if you'd go along with letting them take your guns?
    I know it's not directed at me but I DID NOT, HAVE NOT, and WILL NOT go along with any of this ********

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I didn't go along with any of that. Although the mandatory vaccine that doesn't work is starting to become tougher to avoid.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I know it's not directed at me but I DID NOT, HAVE NOT, and WILL NOT go along with any of this ********
    I know. "Y'all" as in the general American collective. Yeah some people in some parts of the country are pissed, but obedience was and continues to be overwhelming. We collectively let them get away with worse and worse and, well, as long as we keep treating the CDC like our magic government daddy, they're going to keep acting like it.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Why let these buffoons take the wheel on this? Everyone knows where this is going and that they'll cook the books too "find" the results that justify their ends. Perhaps this study or these studies can be initiated and carried out by organizations more trustworthy than the CDC. If a REAL study was done, my money is that guns are a marginal factor in violence. Gang activity, drugs, govt patsies are bigger factors and everybody knows it. Where is gun violence more likely to happen, a rap concert where there are a handful of guns or a gun show where there are more guns than people?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Here‘s a thought. Remove both index fingers from anyone honestly convicted of a gun crime. One ancient civilization did this to captured archers so they could not use their bows.
    I've heard that story before. Allegedly, the archers just switched to using their middle fingers to draw the bow strings. Bows were often made of yew back then, and as a sign of defiance the archers would hold up their middle fingers to their enemies to show them that they could still "Pluck Yew". Hence the background of giving the finger to someone today, only "Pluck" was replaced by... well, you know. ;)

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Is there no end to public health emergencies and the associated bureaucratic edicts?
    I don't know much about the website as it was a link from a news aggregate site.

CDC implements gun violence study after naming it a 'public health threat' | The Post Millennial
    It looks like now they are going to focus on injuries instead of deaths. They always try to talk up this epidemic of gun violence but in reality in a nation of 330 million people with the amount of guns we have, 37,000 deaths is barely a blip. The majority of deaths are suicides, and then when you parse out accidents and self-defense, a lot of the remainder is criminal/gang related that doesn't gin up much sympathy. By focusing on injuries they can boost the numbers up.

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    I've heard that story before. Allegedly, the archers just switched to using their middle fingers to draw the bow strings. Bows were often made of yew back then, and as a sign of defiance the archers would hold up their middle fingers to their enemies to show them that they could still "Pluck Yew". Hence the background of giving the finger to someone today, only "Pluck" was replaced by... well, you know. ;)

Here‘s a thought. Remove both index fingers from anyone honestly convicted of a gun crime. One ancient civilization did this to captured archers so they could not use their bows.

Depends what you mean by "ancient." Early 1400s Middle Ages, sign comes from English longbow archers, yes the French would cut the draw fingers off captured archers, yes the English would hold up two fingers, palm in (as they still do) as a sign of defiance. And - come on, man - "pluck yew" is just internet malarkey. Not sure how that sign changed to just the middle finger in the US, but we have a history of eliminating unnecessary British stuff like monarchies and that extra "u" in words like colour.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I got a blisters on my fingers (not Ozzy) from strummen that trigger too much last week end. Do I need to report this to the CDC?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The cdc has been pushing this for years, they get the money and dole it out to groups that will give them the numbers they want. Then politics change and the money goes away. Change again and it comes back. It accomplishes nothing other than to provide cash to people who lobby for it.

Top Bottom