• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    The posts in the thread suggest that many of you understand how the libs can (and will) use today's tragedy to their advantage. It's going to require some courageous GOP Senators (and, yes, some Dems as well) to do what's right and not what the liberal sensationalism will push them to do.

For those who don't follow such things, Barack Hussein and his cronies have a motto that has driven everything they've done since 2008: "Never Waste A Crisis." You can be assured that they have already assembled to figure out how to best exploit today's events. We have to be just as clever in our defense.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Guns or not, this will lead to infringements on civil rights of some sort. It's almost a guarantee.

Of course, it can be turned around.

How? Don't fall for the crap the government and media says this time.

They're going to blame the American public for this. It's too timely for them, it offers too much leverage for them to hammer legislation through. You don't think it does? Just watch when they wave the gadsden flag around on the television.

Do NOT fall for it again. They won't go after the middle east this time.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    ...Unfortunately, the event in Boston could not have come at a worse time...

...Of course the events in Boston have nothing to do with any aspect of gun control...

I completely understand your point, Pinchaser. And won't refute what you're saying.

However, I'll respectfully dissent and say, perhaps, this was the 'perfect' time, as sad as this tragedy is.

As I told some of our elected officials this evening in a rather terse 'tone',

"You can forget that gun grab bu****it. This is exactly why Americans need to be seriously and properly trained, taught the aspects of combat handgunning and situational awareness, and keep their guns handy. Get this straight: YOU obviously learned absolutely NOTHING from 9/11. We're done with your talk of 'gun control'. YOU better learn 'terrorist control."

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I would think that even the hardcore anti-gunners would have a tough time spinning a homegrown terrorist event into an anti gun commercial.

Unless, of course, the perp or perps turn out to be self proclaimed patriots/preppers or the like.

Who it was and what the reaction will be remain to be seen.

wolfeden

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Medaryville
    I completely understand your point, Pinchaser. And won't refute what you're saying.

However, I'll respectfully dissent and say, perhaps, this was the 'perfect' time, as sad as this tragedy is.

"You can forget that gun grab bu****it. This is exactly why Americans need to be seriously and properly trained, taught the aspects of combat handgunning and situational awareness, and keep their guns handy. Get this straight: YOU obviously learned absolutely NOTHING from 9/11. We're done with your talk of 'gun control'. YOU better learn 'terrorist control."

This is in a way what I was thinking.If the common American can see what has happened today, maybe a lot of them just might wake up to the fact that we are not as safe as the laimstream media has us believe. People should see the common sense here and understand why we need to protect ourselves.

This incident may work in our favor I hope. Will people see the prime example and start preparing to defend each other???

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste

EXACTLY what they will do...because you know YOU, a gun loving american, are a terrorist to them. They WILL go after more basic rights, just like they did and are still doing because of 9/11.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The news reported this morning that the gun control bill vote in the Senate was pushed back about a week due to there not being enough votes.

Also what I really hate is all the pictures of crying women. Are we so weak that we cry like a child? Shouldn't the emotion be anger and desire to fight?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    This is in a way what I was thinking.If the common American can see what has happened today, maybe a lot of them just might wake up to the fact that we are not as safe as the laimstream media has us believe. People should see the common sense here and understand why we need to protect ourselves.

This incident may work in our favor I hope. Will people see the prime example and start preparing to defend each other???

I sure hope those explosions and the dead bodies help "our" cause. That sure would be great. :rolleyes:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I understand how some of you feel about the politics being discussed. But make no mistake about it, the left wing MSM was immediately planting the seeds in the public minds that this could be right wingers, gun owners, tea partiers, anti-government, Tim McVey types, etc. The low information voters will only tune in for a short time before they go back to watching their favorite TV shows. It seems to me that we need to make sure they know that there are other possibilities as to the perpetrators. We also need to point out how outrageous it is, that the objective reporters, are making these accusations. We can't allow accusations, even by innuendo, be left out there unchallenged or it becomes the truth to some.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Also heard the "right-wing extremist" mantra today on the way home. Stated as the same day as Timothy McVey in Oklahoma City and Branch Dividian debacle. (these were actually on the 19th of April so the association is incorrect) The left will spin this anyway they can to press this point. This will be a minor distraction to a much larger agenda. Feinstein has already stated "It could be foreign, it could be home grown" :(

The radio show i heard this on was someone filling in for Rush... So I'd say that would be Right wing stoopid.

Eric05

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    New Palestine
    I can see this helping push congress to attach some things to the gun bills and call it "The Safer America Act" or some BS. Probably would be an extension of the Patriot Act. Along with gun initiatives is would have laws that violate our personal property "for the greater good".

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    If this turns out to be Islamic terrorism I can see a lot of Americans considering whether they should be disarmed when there is an entire culture who wants to wipe us out simply for not adhering to their religion.

If it turns out to be a domestic nutjob it verifies the fact that if a dangerous individual wants to kill people he'll do it, and passing tedious gun laws that create more bureaucracy and target harmless people won't stop them.

If this was done for some political reason, either international or home-grown, why hasn't anyone claimed responsibility for it?

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    If all the runners had been armed, this never would've happened. Same with 9-11. New York? Boston? Very strict gun laws. See!!

I came here to see what the crazies are thinking, but was pleasantly surprised by the initial replys to this post. Soon enough though, some made it about themselves/politics. One guy even crapped on women crying. Doesn't take long. I thought only libs whine and are victims. Lot of whining here. Get a grip people. We are one nation. Let's stick together. Rights can use pistols and AR-15's. Lefts will throw brie and wine glasses. Ever been hit with a very ripe brie and a garland of arugula?

Top Bottom