• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    That's the theme of a T-shirt design I've been putting together.

The front has the following:
    guncontrolisracist.png

While the back has the text:
    Gun control is racist
    "I desire to give some special attention to some of the authorities cited, supreme court decisions from Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas, Kentucky, and one or two inferior court decisions from New York, which are given in support of the doctrines upheld by this court. The southern states have very largely furnished the precedents. It is only necessary to observe that the race issue there has extremely intensified a decisive purpose to entirely disarm the negro, and this policy is evident upon reading the opinions."
    Ohio State Supreme Court Justice Wanamaker
    State v. Nieto, 101 Ohio St. 409, 430, 130 N.E. 663 (1920)

I'm currently shopping around for a good price for having T-shirts and the like printed up.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Although that would be a great shirt with one hell of an argument, I can't help but wonder if African American people would be offended if a white person wore it. Even though they should not be.

Since a group of black people were offended at a student reading about a victory over the KKK (the book had Ku Klux Klan in the title dontcha know), I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm also getting remarkably short on caring these days. The ones who would be offended won't be influenced by the argument anyway.

schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Lizton, IN (Hendricks County)
    Since a group of black people were offended at a student reading about a victory over the KKK (the book had Ku Klux Klan in the title dontcha know), I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm also getting remarkably short on caring these days. The ones who would be offended won't be influenced by the argument anyway.

Lol that was one of the things I was referring to. Yea, I wouldn't care much if they were offended, it not like there is anything to be offended about. The shirt is actually fighting for their rights. But of course anybody that supports the 2nd Amendment is a racist redneck according to some (Rep. John Murtha, Obama, basically the whole democratic party).

Really good messages and would get some people to use that thing between their ears.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    It's even better, the "Free men do" picture is from a 19th century print (and thus in public domain) where the scene is the man taking up arms while the bodies of victims of racist atrocities lie around him. I clipped to avoid the bodies figuring that would be a bit too much.

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    I like it. I too am getting a little tired of what others percieve to be by the clothes I wear, the friends I keep, and the flags I fly. They need to get over it and take off their blinders.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    As much as I love the shirt, how about a real picture like the one on the left? I'm sure with enough digging you could find SOMETHING. Just a thought of course.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    As much as I love the shirt, how about a real picture like the one on the left? I'm sure with enough digging you could find SOMETHING. Just a thought of course.

Actually, I found a lot of somethings (although permissions are an issue--copyright dontcha know). The problem is I didn't like any of them better than the selection from the print.

schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Lizton, IN (Hendricks County)
    I agree a real picture would be better. What about a civil war picture. Even though I would disagree with it on other reasons, I think the average person would get it. And on a moot issue it would be hard to find that offensive.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom