• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Fwiw - My Super Bio has 10 yrs on it. No stretching. No elongation of the holes. Still straight. And looks good too. Scratches are hidden well since the material is the same color all the way through (or most of the way).

tgeorge21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 19, 2023
    Feet
    I'm sick of replacing belts every few months from them getting chewed to death from the metal clips on my holsters.

Anyone recommend a good brand designed for edc?
    I purchased a belt from Kore Essentials a year ago and it's still going strong. I carry every day and I am a...large individual. I am rough on my belts.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I have a couple Kore belts and I really like them but here's the thing. If you are a relatively thin person, they do not work well for AIWB. For aiwb, you have to offset the buckle to one side of your body and because the overall buckle mechanism is soooo wide, it ends up digging into your hip bone. I love the ratchet system but I would like to find a belt with a narrower footprint. For now, whenever I aiwb I end up using a wilderness belt.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have a Kore and it must have stretched some. I have not lost weight, as much as I wish I had. I am going to have to trim it down almost 2 inches.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Another vote for Kore. Once you go to a 'click' adjustable belt you'll not go back to punched hole style. Have an everyday black nylon version and leather dress version. :thumbsup:

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    I've been wearing an old Uncle Mike's black web belt for better than 15 years. I did take and remove the velcro from it as I really saw no need for it as when I tuck the tail into the belt loop on my pants it keeps the belt from slipping through the buckle.

I carry either a Shield or a Commander size 1911 IWB every day. Same belt and same holster (I was surprised!) every day.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    I got a hanks gunner about a year ago and have no complaints. It's my casual every-day belt regardless if it has a holster on it. But it can carry even big, heavy steel revolvers with their big, heavy leather holsters just fine, without being an uncomfortably rigid reinforced belt. A couple Chicago screws allow a quick change of the buckle for less-casual occasions. I'd recommend it if this is more your style.

hanks.jpg

michelob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I have had Kore belts for the past 4 years. They are stiff and provide good support for gun and holster. They have ratchet adjustment rather than holes. With traditional belts I always seemed fall between 2 holes. Kores adjust easily after a big meal or with weight gain or loss. The belts all come in a long length which is trimmed to desired size by the owner. I still wear my first one. It functions as well as the day I got it. They make web and leather belts. Both have the same degree of stiffness and support.
    I love my Kore belt. It does great with IWB and OWB carry. I also have a Hank’s leather belt but prefer the Kore. I am interested in the Groove belt, too.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I like the Daltech Bull Belt. Admittedly, I have not tried any other true "gun belts", but mine is...over 10 years old and still works for me. Hell, it might be "worn out", I don't know how to tell, but it isn't falling apart and is still comfortable and works for me.

spalfano

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2023
    New Palestine
    I'm sick of replacing belts every few months from them getting chewed to death from the metal clips on my holsters.

Anyone recommend a good brand designed for edc?
    As ridiculous as this might sound, I got a great one on eBay. It’s called a tactical superbio daltech force gun belt. Its 3 years old and worn every single day and looks brand new still. It’s super strong and polymer coated so it’s never dirty or stinky or anything. You can also check out the belts on eclipse holsters website. My friend and my wife both got their belts there and have had them for years with no issues.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    So. I love my daltech belt hasn’t failed me for years. But after getting this kore belt this weekend at the show….. wow. Obviously I cannot speak to the durability of the materials or ratchet mechanism. But as of right now this thing is great, I definitely see it replacing the daltech. The micro adjustment is great well worth the $50 to give it a shot. (Non- paid endorsement)

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I really like my Kore but not for AIWB. I was really looking forward to this tier 1 belt when they announced it until I saw the price.

Top Bottom