• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Anybody else get all bent out of shape when an actor on a crime drama says "GSW" instead of "gun shot wound"? GSW is good as a written abbreviation, but takes longer to say than the thing it abbreviates.

It's just one of those things that just eats at the back of my consciousness... like a brain termite or something.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    YES. YES. My wife loves Bones, but they constantly say that. CONSTANTLY.

Gun shot wound is three syllables. GSW is five. It makes no sense.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've never heard it, but then again I don't watch crime dramas. Maybe the producers/writers are anti-gun and they don't want the actors using the "G-word"?

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I've never heard it, but then again I don't watch crime dramas. Maybe the producers/writers are anti-gun and they don't want the actors using the "G-word"?
    Doubt it, they use it all the time. I think it's more a case of the writers trying to make the characters sound jargon-smart, like how everything on the internet has something to do with a router.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I think it's more a case of the writers trying to make the characters sound jargon-smart

"Unsub" annoys the heck out of me as well. I tried counting the number of times it was used in an episode of Criminal Minds, and gave up and turned it off at 50.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Doubt it, they use it all the time. I think it's more a case of the writers trying to make the characters sound jargon-smart, like how everything on the internet has something to do with a router.
    You're probably right. Heck, I still don't know what NCIS stands for (the show - not to be confused with NICS :):).

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    "Un-sub" annoys the heck out of me as well. I tried counting the number of times it was used in an episode of Criminal Minds, and gave up and turned it off at 50.

I love Criminal Minds, I find it funny that "wheels up in 30" is in just about every episode, sometimes 20, but rarely is it not in there at all.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    As for NCIS, I did not know that! I thought it was just another detective show. Had no idea it was even remotely related to the Navy/Marines.

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    'Bones' and the use of the word "particulates" Not that's it's not a proper word it's just OVER used way to much.

Top Bottom