• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ltb1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Evansville,IN
    Anybody have any info about gsg pistols?,hard to clean?,accuracy?,reliability? resale value?, the one I am interested in is 22 LR, 1911 style

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    I have a GSG-1911 in .22 and it has been a great little gun. It functions just like my regular 1911, shoots well, and hasn't had a single malfunction in over 1,000 rounds of cheap .22 ammo.
    It does break down a little differently than a regular 1911 but it's not too hard if you read the directions. I would recommend it.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I have 2 friend that have them, in fact one of them is in my safe right now, I've been giveing them a workout I did some group shooting with several ammo's and at 20 yds 10 shot groups from benched sandbags with the factory Irons ran from about 1.25 with Winchester 555 and to about 2.5 with some flyers out to almost 3 inches

better ammo (expensive) didn't do better than the winchester. We've put over 1k through both of the guns and they are not too picky on ammo for function. and over all accuracy is good.

There are a few magazine base issues but they are being corrected.

If you want a full blown target gun the GSG is not, BUT for a decently accurate 1911 its a great gun. I think as time goes on more people will really come to appreciate the guns.

I would give it 2 thumbs up

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    My GSG 1911 is by far the funnest range handgun I own.

If you are "thinking" about getting one, just do it.

- It's cheap to feed
    - It's built "hefty" (weighs about the same as a real 1911)
    - It's not too horribly picky about ammo
    - That magazines are well designed (although the base plates could be beefed up).
    - The barrel is already threaded, so its easy to throw an adapter and suppressor on it.
    - Lots of the real 1911 parts will interchange with it (i.e. Grips, safeties, etc)
    - It looks darn good (IMO)
    - Oh, and its surprisingly accurate to boot!

10 shoots per target taken from 25 feet. Mine is the tactical version with the rail removed.

GSG1.png

Last edited:
    Top Bottom