• ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Will these dayum things chew their way into a structure? I've got something that chewed a 10" hole thru the floor of my mini barn. I covered hole and what ever it is is still trying to gain entry.

The property is not lived in ( deer camp) so catching/killing said critter is impossible.

Anyone know a way to keep this from happening?

Where can a guy buy traps around Hamilton county?
    I've heard that mothballs may deter them. You might try throwing some underneath the shed. YMMV.

Or set some traps...

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    My 2 beagles had an episode with a woodchuck yesterday. They have experienced plenty of opossums but never anything that was such a teeth popper. After one got a hole thru his ear and the other a bite in the rump I was able to pop it in his ear and then they got the blood flinging all over each other. Quite a lesson for them and I know they will be more careful next time.

Virch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2018
    Greenville
    I try and be respectful of all the Creator's creatures, but damn I despise woodchucks. I've had at least 3 take up residence under my house over the years. Two were evicted, one at around 1100 fps and the other at around 600 fps.

Virch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2018
    Greenville
    Oh and number two the wife butchered and put in the freezer. Had him on Groundhog day this year. I've eaten worse, but I've also eaten a hell of a lot better.

Ford Truck

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Franklin Twp., DeKalb County, Ind.
    Back in the day when we were kids on the farm, my brother & I wore pistols while cultivating corn & soybeans. When a 'chuck would come out of the fence row weeds; we'd stop the tractor & draw a bead using the rear tire for a rest & shoot the 'chuck. Then, we took it to the house & butchered it & quartered it & put the pieces in a bowl of salt water & the 'chuck would be supper the next day.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    22 CB's or anything subsonic. I killed 24 rabbits with my mother in law visiting from Australia. Her and my wife HUGE ANIMAL LOVERS!!!
    All shot and buried in the swamp.....and they never knew.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    3 under half an inch at 100 yds. Not using set trigger. Is light enough as is
    Unfortunately i didnt get the friction M8 10x where it needed to be. Was right and even at 100, adjusted and now windage is perfect but went too high

Shot FAL and Sig 365 and got too jittery to go back and correct.

Try again later this week

Gibsmedat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2021
    Greenwood
    My 2 beagles had an episode with a woodchuck yesterday. They have experienced plenty of opossums but never anything that was such a teeth popper. After one got a hole thru his ear and the other a bite in the rump I was able to pop it in his ear and then they got the blood flinging all over each other. Quite a lesson for them and I know they will be more careful next time.
    My dogs killed one a while back. Found it underneath the deck days later. I thought the dogs were fighting as I found no dead animal at first. They both looked exhausted and my boy dog had one of his canine teeth poke a hole in his cheek. It was a big groundhog and happened around noon when the hog came out for lunch. I’m sure it was a hell of a battle. The first and only groundhog kill. The only thing I don’t like them going after is possums.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Noticed the cat's not happy.
    Yep, there's a clover muncher in the stable.

Top Bottom