• ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Another scenario.

Good guy goes into the bathroom and surprises bad guy already in bathroom. The bad guy tries to attack good guy but good guy manages to subdue or knock out bad guy and take his rifle. he does not see the other guns in a stall. He does not want to leave the rifle with the bad guy so he takes it and leaves the bathroom. Now you have a good guy with a rifle leaving the bathroom just like the bad guy was before. Good guy is understandably uncomfortable with the rifle in a mall so maybe he clumsily tries to hide it, maybe he nervously fumbles around with how to carry it, whatever. He probably will not look calm and harmless.

This does not change any information that Eli would have seen - some guy coming out of bathroom with an AR-15 rifle.
    WTH??? At some point was the "good guy" going to call 911? "Carry" is a broad term. Carry how? Carrying it in one hand, grabbing the foregrip? Slug over the shoulder, pointed up? Slung across the chest angled down? Or carrying it in a low ready? Details matter. Shooting someone with a slung rifle on their back, pointed up, might be an issue. Shooting someone "carrying" the rifle in a high or low ready....probably ok. I'm all for exercising your right to carry a rifle in public, even though its asinine. However, if you are dumb enough to walk into a public gathering location with a rifle, hand on grip, in a low or high ready, you deserve what happens to you.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Another scenario.

Good guy goes into the bathroom and surprises bad guy already in bathroom. The bad guy tries to attack good guy but good guy manages to subdue or knock out bad guy and take his rifle. he does not see the other guns in a stall. He does not want to leave the rifle with the bad guy so he takes it and leaves the bathroom. Now you have a good guy with a rifle leaving the bathroom just like the bad guy was before. Good guy is understandably uncomfortable with the rifle in a mall so maybe he clumsily tries to hide it, maybe he nervously fumbles around with how to carry it, whatever. He probably will not look calm and harmless.

This does not change any information that Eli would have seen - some guy coming out of bathroom with an AR-15 rifle.

A muse ing. :rolleyes:

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    To stop any rumors, here is what is known: At approximately 5pm today, 4 males entered the Greenwood Park Mall and fired 6 shots into 1 person. They then fled in a truck. It was NOT an active shooter. It "appears" to be a targeted hit.

EDIT: The above was the initial report coming through. Upon arrival on scene and investigating, there appears to be no injuries. This is STILL developing and more information will be known as witnesses are interviewed.

From same trusted source.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    To stop any rumors, here is what is known: At approximately 5pm today, 4 males entered the Greenwood Park Mall and fired 6 shots into 1 person. They then fled in a truck. It was NOT an active shooter. It "appears" to be a targeted hit.

EDIT: The above was the initial report coming through. Upon arrival on scene and investigating, there appears to be no injuries. This is STILL developing and more information will be known as witnesses are interviewed.

So far it sounds like the case. :yesway:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    eyewitnesses are cooperating with the investigation.

Does it make me cynical? When I read this I thought, "Oh, that's a refreshing change." Then again it's on the south side of County Line Road.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Correct but I should have specified "force", that is on me. If you were on the stand and you were asked about use of force to protect yourself from a crime, what would you testify to? Our Constitution allows us to be armed but says noting about what conditions/situations would be legally allowed.

Well, without looking up, it's something like: defense of life, or serious bodily injury, or to stop illegal entry into your home or occupied motor vehicle.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Well, without looking up, it's something like: defense of life, or serious bodily injury, or to stop illegal entry into your home or occupied motor vehicle.
    In my case in court I just let my lawyer handle it. Preferably Guy. I don’t need all the memorized law doctrines I just need to shoot straight so I can have that day in court if even needed.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    eyewitnesses are cooperating with the investigation.

Does it make me cynical? When I read this I thought, "Oh, that's a refreshing change." Then again it's on the south side of County Line Road.
    Probably because for once the witnesses arent friends, or others that know either the victim or the shooter(s). This time they are most likely randos that just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and arent afraid to snitch.

mbkintner

Up the Irons
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Behind You

you-keep-using-that-word.jpg

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Pretty much, the law is actually much more broad than that. IC 35-41-3-2 is the law that defines what constitutes self defense. It the same law that allows me to use reasonable force, up to and including deadly force, to protect myself or a third party. IC 35-41-3-3 is the law that gives me authority to use reasonable force to make arrets. Also, the Indiana definition of "serious bodily injury" is something we all need to know.
    I don’t need all the memorized law doctrines I just need to shoot straight so I can have that day in court if even needed.
    If you are serious about self defense then yes, you DO need to know the law. It's not rocket science and really it's only one law that you should know and understand how to apply it. IC 35-41-3-2. Knowing that is the key to legal self defense from strikes all the way to deadly force. Don't act and then HOPE you were justified.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Do I really need to go back and quote your three scenarios? C'mon, man...
    I did quote them - right in the message you just replied to. C'mon, man... they are right there.

And here they are again... It doesn't say what you say it says.

Eli is making the decision so we have to limit this to what information Eli had on which to base that decision.

He sees a person come out of a bathroom with what appears to be a rifle that looks like it could be an AR-15.
    He sees this from over 40 yards away. From that distance he can't tell much more than it looks like an AR-15.
    He can't tell if it is loaded. He can't even tell if it is a real gun. He can't read the guy's mind so he can't know what is going on.

Possibility 1 - A local arteestic type with very few brains is shooting a homemade movie using his phone. The guy coming out of the bathroom has a prop gun that looks like an AR-15. The arteestic type wants to film the realistic reactions of the crowd fleeing from the mean looking gun guy actor. You shoot and kill him and everyone says you were justified, even the county prosecutor. (yeah, right)

Possibility 2 - It is an AR-15. The person brought it to the mall to impress or threaten his girlfriend working at the waffle hut. There is no ammunition in the rifle or anywhere in the guy's possession. You shoot and kill him and everyone says you were justified, even the county prosecutor. (yeah, right)

Possibility 3 - It is an AR-15 and is loaded. The guy has already committed several crimes but he has not fired his gun and he has not shot anybody. You shoot and kill him and everyone says you were justified, even the county prosecutor. (yeah, right)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I did quote them - right in the message you just replied to. C'mon, man... they are right there.

And here they are again... It doesn't say what you say it says.
    Possibility 1 - A local arteestic type with very few brains is shooting a homemade movie using his phone. The guy coming out of the bathroom has a prop gun that looks like an AR-15. The arteestic type wants to film the realistic reactions of the crowd fleeing from the mean looking gun guy actor. You shoot and kill him and everyone says you were justified, even the county prosecutor. (yeah, right)

What specific behaviors is this actor exhibiting to portray "mean looking gun guy actor" - especially, if not holding the rifle in shooting position?

Possibility 2 - It is an AR-15. The person brought it to the mall to impress or threaten his girlfriend working at the waffle hut. There is no ammunition in the rifle or anywhere in the guy's possession. You shoot and kill him and everyone says you were justified, even the county prosecutor. (yeah, right)

What specific behaviors is domestic violence guy exhibiting to threaten his girlfriend - especially, if not holding the rifle in shooting position?

Possibility 3 - It is an AR-15 and is loaded. The guy has already committed several crimes but he has not fired his gun and he has not shot anybody. You shoot and kill him and everyone says you were justified, even the county prosecutor. (yeah, right)

How did the shooter commit several crimes, without holding the rifle in shooting position?

It seems like we're reaching the point of absurdity here.

Top Bottom