• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Maybe we should petition Gov Holcomb to bestow upon Eli the Sagamore of the Wabash.

Congressional Medal of Honor.

SINGLE ACT OF HEROISM AWARD​

Recognizes Americans who accomplish extraordinary feats of heroism by risking their lives for the benefit of others in a dire situation.

Needs address and phone number of recipient. When things settle down, maybe someone can contact Guy and see what we can do to push this forward.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Looking at what Chief Ison said on the interviews I watched, I did not see him say Gomez was armed. I saw him say the killer had a pistol but did not have time to use it.

This will get cleared up, but the reporting that Gomez was armed seems from early on the 18th or on the 19th, and no further confirmation I can find. I have not seen a clear quote from Chief Ison or anyone else mention that Gomez was armed.

This isn't directed at you, but I'm unclear why this matters? The guy was heading into the bathroom while the shooter was coming out, probably with the rifle raised ready to rock. Even if the guy was carrying, he very likely would not have had time to draw, or even react in any way. The guy was surprised and the scumbag ended his life with no chance for him to do anything. Whether he was carrying or not was completely beside the point.

Reactions: KG1

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    This isn't directed at you, but I'm unclear why this matters? The guy was heading into the bathroom while the shooter was coming out, probably with the rifle raised ready to rock. Even if the guy was carrying, he very likely would not have had time to draw, or even react in any way. The guy was surprised and the scumbag ended his life with no chance for him to do anything. Whether he was carrying or not was completely beside the point.
    Add the fact that most of the facts that Dean here has provided were wrong, I now understand why our media sucks so bad. He's supposed to be a pro-2A journalist and half his information is incorrect or flat out wrong.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Because antis are using this as an excuse why carrying is silly to them. “He was armed and it didn’t save him” that was actually said to me.

They literally are taking this textbook case of why we should and trying to poke any holes they can to claim it’s still not the right thing to do. (EDC)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Because antis are using this as an excuse why carrying is silly to them. “He was armed and it didn’t save him” that was actually said to me.

They literally are taking this textbook case of why we should and trying to poke any holes they can to claim it’s still not the right thing to do. (EDC)

Not sure how they can say that when Eli proved them wrong beyond all doubt. Of course, the Left doesn't understand two things can be true at once, that carrying can and can't save you, depending on circumstance.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I agree that it isn't any difference in the reality that he likely got surprised, and it gives no comfort To his family or friends. I merely shared it as an anecdotal piece of information that there are more people at the mall carrying.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Looking at what Chief Ison said on the interviews I watched, I did not see him say Gomez was armed. I saw him say the killer had a pistol but did not have time to use it.

This will get cleared up, but the reporting that Gomez was armed seems from early on the 18th or on the 19th, and no further confirmation I can find. I have not seen a clear quote from Chief Ison or anyone else mention that Gomez was armed.

Police later found that Gomez was carrying a handgun. Gomez, Ison said, had no chance to pull his gun and defend himself.

“He had no time,” Ison said.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I agree that it isn't any difference in the reality that he likely got surprised, and it gives no comfort To his family or friends. I merely shared it as an anecdotal piece of information that there are more people at the mall carrying.

I agree that it's a datapoint and also agree with Kirk that there were likely more carriers than that. Just, I guess, pointing out that a gun isn't a magical talisman and it can't always save you. Just the reality of things.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Those seeking to cling to a narrative are trying to spin this as a "hate crime" / "race crime" / same old bull****.
    How on earth is this a hate crime? Because the people killed all had Spanish names? Couldn't it be that the people killed happened to be the closest/easiest targets? Like Gomez, it sounds like he was right there. Not much worse than a religion of woke zealot.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is the story regarding Gomez. He was the unfortunate man who walked into the restroom and shot by the scumbag. They later found he had a pistol on him. https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-new...-it?dicbo=v2-9ffa38a3260bd1407481b6bae805da7d

From the article:
    "So this young man has his wits about him. He acted very calmly," Ison said. "Matter of fact, when I first saw it my first question was 'is that a police officer?'”

Well, 8/10 (ETA at least one center mass)? :dunno:

Even if he were, he'd still be extraordinary.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've seen several articles saying that Gomez was armed. One where police said something to the effect that they found him armed, implying he was not OC'ing. So speculation that he was shot _because_ he was armed was incorrect. All depictions I've read was that he was the first person the shooter encountered.

Top Bottom