• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I have worked for pharmaceuticals in the past and am somewhat anti drug. 25 years ago everyone’s kid at school seemed to be on Ritalin. Now look at that age group as adults. School indoctrination and anti adhd drugs gave us a generation of misfits.
    Can't say I disagree, and I work in pharma manufacturing. Drug products are great, until they're not (for myriad reasons).

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I agree that there are sometimes warning signs that should should make people think something might be up or someone might need help. A lack of a DL or job at 20 doesn't strike me as warning signs of a budding mass shooter. The knowledge of him having a broken home life is definitely a red flag that there are possible issues, but again, who is supposed to monitor that?
    Regarding close friends and relatives, unless someone has a dramatic psychotic "break" you have the Boiled Frog Syndrome with gradual degradation until the symptoms get bad enough they become extremely obvious. Most will see or experience this phenomenon with an immediate family member slipping into Alzheimer's Disease. Hindsight is 20/20 often extending back several years. I suspect that may be the case with the Greenwood shooter, especially as he was living on his own. His estranged father lives in Arizona. OTOH, the Buffalo and Highland Park shooters had progressed beyond the obvious with immediate family members becoming their enablers.

I expect forensics on the drowned cell phone and baked laptop will provide additional insight as they peel back the onion on his social contacts, personal and online.

John

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    As we all know this is great to have as a responsible gun owner. My question is at what point will the left use training and practice as a means to say you had premeditation in your defensive gun use?
    I'm pretty sure there are some unscrupulous prosecutors who have already attempted that tactic. (IIRC, Bernie de la Rionda tried it against George Zimmerman.)

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    … I looked at that photo of the shooter, and can’t help but think that guy is some father’s son. I think of what father wouldn’t have his heart ripped out of his chest if that was his sone that did that, and I think that’s probably the father that kid had.

See post for #470 on page 24 of this thread (Linked below for convenience.)

It looks like the lack of a “father‘s“ involvement was a contributing factor in this incident (as often seems to be the case).

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    Not my quote but it's awesome.

"You can't have civilians with guns out there. If there's a mass shooter, the civilians don't have the proper training to stand around for an hour hoping the situation resolves itself."

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    now its wrong to shoot the shooter, let them die and blame the gun...

Those Twatter creatures are just upset because the good guy with a gun robbed them of a higher body count. Which means they don't give a rat's ass about the lives that were saved. Well, the good guy with a gun cared and thank God he was there to stop it when he did. As far as I'm concerned, those Twatter creatures out for bloodlust can FATWO.

Top Bottom