• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The GPD Chief stated at the press conference the NRTBG (now room temperature bad guy) had a Glock 33 (same frame as the G26 9mm) in .357 Sig. No mention of Eli's type of weapon other than it was a 9mm.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    If it was a Glock 26, I'd really be impressed. 40 yards?
    Could be he took a shot to get his attention off shooting someone. Then closed quickly firing rounds as he got closer. In my mind that surprise could all it might take to rattle a bad guy thinking no one would engage. Just sheep and no sheep dog around. On another note I would bet $$$ my son who I have seen shoot his Glock could heart shoot a bad guy at 40 yds with no problem.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    They're claiming he was carrying in the mall illegally and they're demanding his immediate arrest by ATF, and FBI with Federal gun charges by the DoJ if Indiana refuses to toss him in the slammer without bail.

John

They who?

People who don’t know any better. They won’t have a leg to stand on since no LAW was broken by the good guy.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Has anyone else noticed these ****s NEVER go after the real murderers? Almost as if their moral* compass more closely aligns with said murderers than with people acting for the good of others even at risk of their own life. Hhhhmmmm.

* Note that the actual existence of "morals" by these **** stains has yet to be definitively proven.
    NEVER! This would stop if they were at the murderers families homes canceling them…

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I have no desire to watch the surveillance video but I’d like to know of the 24 shots the shooter shot, where did Eli intervene?

I’d like to see how the shooter changed his posture after he started talking fire and how many of the 24 were directed back towards Eli.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    The other thing I'm interested in is the "40-50 yards" claim. While that is within the realm of possibility, is extreme, nearly unbelievable range for a handgun in a dynamic situation like this. I suspect it's really "40-50 ft" which is still very impressive to put all rounds on target while engaging. This isn't a gun range where you can sit, take your sweet time, and not worry about being shot back or about hitting a bystander.
    I’m curious about this as well. When I was an ICE contractor, we were required to qualify using the ICE course of fire which is considered one of the more difficult qualifications. They only require 8 shots at 25 yards; 4 from the right side of the barricade in 20 seconds and 4 from the left side in 20 seconds. I’ve seen quite a few federal agents with tenure struggle on those stages. I’m not saying 40-50 yards can’t be done in a situation like this, but a 22 year old with no formal training making those shots in this kind of situation seems like a bit of a stretch.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think I know why there is so much confusion over his LTCH status. Dude has a whack first name. (no disrespect) I can see LEOs running his name as Elisha and coming back negative, since his name is most certainly NOT Elisha.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I’m curious about this as well. When I was an ICE contractor, we were required to qualify using the ICE course of fire which is considered one of the more difficult qualifications. They only require 8 shots at 25 yards; 4 from the right side of the barricade in 20 seconds and 4 from the left side in 20 seconds. I’ve seen quite a few federal agents with tenure struggle on those stages. I’m not saying 40-50 yards can’t be done in a situation like this, but a 22 year old with no formal training making those shots in this kind of situation seems like a bit of a stretch.
    yeah, maybe. it's possible but also difficult especially under stress
    What really matters under stress though is the decision-making process: is it time to engage, can I minimize the chance of hitting innocent people, etc?
    Police officers sometimes hit innocent people during similar situations.

Top Bottom