• Status
    Not open for further replies.

kehrhit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Still early in my journey but love shooting and want to learn more. Specifically I'd like to start shooting with a rifle instead of only my .45 and go on a few hunts next year (elk, antelope). I plan on starting w/ a .300 win mag caliber .. probably a Remington 700, sendero, or older weatherby (german made).

Grew up in small towns and shoot skeet every thanksgiving at grandma's house until neighborhoods were built close by.

Went deer hunting a few times when I was younger - muzzle loader and shotgun for a few seasons, but never bagged one. I still remember the first time I shot a black powder rifle, my dad standing behind me for support since I was ~11 years old. It was very cool.

Got my first single-shot 20 gauge at 13, lost interest for a few years as we moved and stopped going ... although I still have the 20 gauge ... only now it's my wife's closet gun.

I really started thinking about all of this more a few years ago. Basically, I decided that if I was going to continue to be a vocal supporter of the 2nd amendment I needed to practice it as well. I've always felt comfortable with and respected firearms, but I realized there was so much I didn't know. So got my carry license and began learning/training to defend myself and family if it ever were to be necessary.

I like this forum and hopefully will become an active member.

Thanks for your time!
    -KEH

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom