• ruger17hmr

Shooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    Indy
    Greece and Germany to exit Eurozone

What to do... What to do...?

There seem to be no solution available at this juncture.

It is almost comical that only when the proverbial "when the other shoe drops" moment occurs, only then Greece or Germany can act in a decisive manner to finally resolve this European quagmire.

If you have a few minutes to spare, please read this article, it will shed a new light on the Europe situation.

Greece and Germany to exit Eurozone | Spero News

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Greece and Germany to exit Eurozone

What to do... What to do...?

There seem to be no solution available at this juncture.

It is almost comical only when the proverbial "when the other shoe drops" moment occurs, either Greece or Germany can act in a decisive manner to finally resolve this European quagmire.

If you have a few minutes to spare, please read this article, it will shed a new light on the Europe situation.

Greece and Germany to exit Eurozone | Spero News

Didn't Germany blast Britain for not jumping on the "Save the Euro even if you kill yourself" bandwagon? Or was that France?

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Interesting read, but it doesn't answer my question. :dunno:

Your question being if it were Germany that was blasting people to save the Euro at all costs, then from what I have gathered, Germany doesn't want to print the money and they don't want to saddle their citizens with the rest of Europe's insane financial spending policies/obligations. So I would answer your question as no, it wasn't Germany. I would venture to say that if it were anybody promoting continuance of the current criminal system, it was France. They were recently downgraded from AAA and are still participating in this delusional, sociopathic fantasy of fiat money, unlimited printing, endless political promises, unicorns and leprechauns!
    The unsustainable is becoming unsustainable and those that are capable of honesty and 7th grade math are starting to see the writing on the wall. :popcorn:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Your question being if it were Germany that was blasting people to save the Euro at all costs, then from what I have gathered, Germany doesn't want to print the money and they don't want to saddle their citizens with the rest of Europe's insane financial spending policies/obligations. So I would answer your question as no, it wasn't Germany.
    The unsustainable is becoming unsustainable and those that are capable of honesty and 7th grade math are starting to see the writing on the wall. :popcorn:

Well, I didn't say 'at all costs.' I said 'even if it kills yourself.' There's a difference.

And I finally found what I was looking for. Actually, it was both. Merkel and Sarkozy both lashed out at Cameron for not signing on to the EU treaty changes aimed at protecting the euro. Changes Cameron said would undermine Britain's ability to protect itself and avoid the kind of "we all go down with the ship together" policies that got them where they are today.

Germany may not be willing to pay any price, but they sure wanted to Britain to give up the right to call Uncle.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Well, I didn't say 'at all costs.' I said 'even if it kills yourself.' There's a difference.

And I finally found what I was looking for. Actually, it was both. Merkel and Sarkozy both lashed out at Cameron for not signing on to the EU treaty changes aimed at protecting the euro. Changes Cameron said would undermine Britain's ability to protect itself and avoid the kind of "we all go down with the ship together" policies that got them where they are today.

Germany may not be willing to pay any price, but they sure wanted to Britain to give up the right to call Uncle.

Kinda getting to be a "every man (women too ;)) for themselves situation now that many are finally accepting the inevitable. It appears that the time for bluffing is drawing to a close.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Kinda getting to be a "every man (women too ;)) for themselves situation now that many are finally accepting the inevitable. It appears that the time for bluffing is drawing to a close.

Which is why I found Germany's "high road" position on this latest round of "solutions" somewhat ironic. When Britain did it last month, she was castigated. Now that Germany is in a position to be the one people are pointing fingers at, it's not quite so obstructionist to position oneself on the prudent path after all.

ruger17hmr

Shooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    Indy
    Which is why I found Germany's "high road" position on this latest round of "solutions" somewhat ironic. When Britain did it last month, she was castigated. Now that Germany is in a position to be the one people are pointing fingers at, it's not quite so obstructionist to position oneself on the prudent path after all.

Germany will only do what is the best for Germany!

There is no friendly neighbor here.

Just remember that Germany is pocketing the billions of Euros off the spreads while she is waiting for the other shoe to drop.

It is getting a bit tiresome that it is always the Germans facing off against the rest of Europe. It is predictable that there will come a time when French and England led oppostion against the Germans' dominating financial and political influences will collide. Let's just hope that the collision does not escalate into the full blown war.

And, I thought the year of 2012, the year of Dragon, will bring Peace and Harmony into this world.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Doesn't anyone find it hilarious that one of the solutions presented is for Greece to leave the Euro, print money, purchase govt debt, then devalue the currency (spurring imports). Then in the next sentence the problem with that solution is, wait for it, no one would want it!

The obvious solution for Germany is to leave the EZ and replace the euro with the DM.

Top Bottom