• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CPE1704TKS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    I like using the app, but my complaint with them is the constant price increases. It's great if you can catch a 6.99 deal, but now the regular price is $18 here in Fort Wayne. That's way too much for a basic haircut that takes less than 10 min.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Better half cuts mine.

I can cop a feel and not get in trouble.

Agreed.

Nothing like getting a trim and grabbing a boob at the same time. Another good time is when she is standing and the sink doing dishes.

boobies-cheers.gif

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I like Great Clips. I dont use the app, I just sign in on their website from my phone. It's nice being able to check and see how long the wait is. I can keep working until its time to head in and get my hair cut as soon as I arrive. Their prices are the same as any other place around here.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I like using the app, but my complaint with them is the constant price increases. It's great if you can catch a 6.99 deal, but now the regular price is $18 here in Fort Wayne. That's way too much for a basic haircut that takes less than 10 min.
    I'm really cheap about a lot of stuff, but I'm happy to pay for a good haircut now that I've found a barber that I like. She (yes, my barber is tiny female in her early 20s) has been a God send. I struggled for years to find someone who could make my super straight, super thin hair look good.

She used to work at a barber shop but is now out on her own. I will follow her wherever she goes. Her rate is $32 per cut, but I tip to bring it up to $50. She also gets a very nice tip at Christmas time.

I only get a cut about every six to eight weeks, so it's money well spent.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    I liked the app at GC and used the app for years when I was working a job and raising kids with very little time for anything else. They were cheap and usually ok quality. It got tougher to get the same person. At one point an older women had some sort of compulsion to go after my cow lick. She got confused and started cutting like crazy. She ultimately got another stylist to clean up the job. It did not turn out well and I did not like the (nearly) bald spot she left me with.

I found someone at a much more expensive solon. I get in without waiting, she does a fantastic and consistent job and I happily payer her many times what GC costs.

Great Clips is a good option for a tight budget and the app makes it easy if you're willing to use it. It works well.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    $6.99? Where? It's like $18 every time I go and they're the cheapest haircut in town.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I go to a good ole traditional barber shop. Always have, always will. I like to keep my hair short, easy maintenance. So I go about every 3 to 4 weeks. Never been disappointed.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Used to be an older gentleman in Ireland that I would go to for haircuts. Retired because his hands were shaking too much. Then a local lady opened a beauty salon and I got my hair cut there until covid and she shut down. Now I go on the computer and check wait times at GC and go from there. The only issue is you can not schedule in advance.
    My next haircut is in 2 weeks. Called my niece in WI and asked if I could get a haircut.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I like the GC app as well. It's good to get in without waiting, and they see on the computer how I want it cut. I've never had bad service there and all of the ladies are friendly and (mostly) do a fine job.
    My son tried using it when he was getting his hair once a week(ROTC) We would check in on line 30 to 40 minute wait get there and oh we don’t see him in our system. Show them his phone and he is checked in oh that’s odd. We will get you put in know. An hour later your next.

So my wife learned how to cut his hair for him.
    Now she cuts mine as well and has done so for the past 3 years. I just tried earlier in the week to save her time to find out she likes doing it.

Top Bottom