Grab you BOB, and head to your BOL. The zombies are here.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    How about immobilize a zombie.
    Btw, I only have 40 rnds so I should be good for at least a day. Except they are not .45's. OK, maybe an hour.....

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    And here to think my girlfriend laughed at me when i told her I was stocking up on so many guns/ammo for the zombies. Guess I get the last laugh! Oh wait.....:D

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    If this is in fact the beginning of the Zombie Apocalypse, Will Smith and Woody Harrelson are going to be in big demand.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I am still in amazement that someone let their face get eaten by a naked guy....SA people, look the heck around.

I know right? Excellent point. And, this happened in Florida. For the most part, a pretty friendly gun state. No excuse for not arming yourself.

Sooooo, you think what drove this guy over the edge was he lost a fortune on FACEbook? Wonk, wonk, wonk.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I just had to explain to my 20 something college going nephew what a Gordian knot was. :n00b: I then went on to explain the sword of Damascles and the sword of Solomon. :noway: I can't believe he never heard of any of them. Well he knew sorta the story about Solomon but had no idea what it was called.

This came up because we we're discussing this zombie outbreak a while ago, and I offered to arm him up and what was he familiar with. And he said it was probably just some drugged out psycho.

I told him think of the Gordian knot, this happens and we have the same unmarked helicopter circling around for 4 hours(now 8). Which is the simplest solution? Zombies or crackhead? He never heard of the Gordian knot.:xmad: Heck with the zombies, I know this is an old rant but what in the holy hell are they teaching the kids now?

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    I just had to explain to my 20 something college going nephew what a Gordian knot was. :n00b: I then went on to explain the sword of Damascles and the sword of Solomon. :noway: I can't believe he never heard of any of them. Well he knew sorta the story about Solomon but had no idea what it was called.

This came up because we we're discussing this zombie outbreak a while ago, and I offered to arm him up and what was he familiar with. And he said it was probably just some drugged out psycho.

I told him think of the Gordian knot, this happens and we have the same unmarked helicopter circling around for 4 hours(now 8). Which is the simplest solution? Zombies or crackhead? He never heard of the Gordian knot.:xmad: Heck with the zombies, I know this is an old rant but what in the holy hell are they teaching the kids now?

24 and I am also clueless on the Gordian knot.....:dunno:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    24 and I am also clueless on the Gordian knot.....:dunno:

The basic story is this. Gordius's son after he was proclaimed king tied his ox cart to a well with a very complicated knot in honor of Zeus. The oracles proclaimed that the person that was able to undo the knot would rule all of Asia. Alexander the great came into town and did the simple solution. He drew his sword and cut the knot in half.

For the sword of Damocles and Solomon you can look those up yourself.

Study. It is a short, simple read and it is history's ne plus ultra lesson on simple solutions.

Agreed.

Last edited:

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.

So... how exactly does gordian knot and swords of solomon and damocles fit into this thread? :dunno:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    So... how exactly does gordian knot and swords of solomon and damocles fit into this thread? :dunno:

The Gordian knot came up when I was discussing this thread with my nephew. What is the simplest solution? Zombie or Crackhead?

I mentioned the Gordian knot to him and he never heard of it. He never really heard of the other two either.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    The Gordian knot came up when I was discussing this thread with my nephew. What is the simplest solution? Zombie or Crackhead?

I mentioned the Gordian knot to him and he never heard of it. He never really heard of the other two either.

Ohh. What do you mean by simplest solution? Solution to what it is, or solution to which is easier to kill?

Top Bottom