• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It’s kinda tough to home school when both parents work :dunno: and it’s pretty easy to stem the tide of the bs by talking to your children, instilling morals and asking them questions about what goes on at school.

This.

If your kids are so easily turned to Romans by merely being exposed to Roman ideas, they were destined to be Romans from the start.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Teach them to think for themselves. My kids went to a school where they were the minority. It's the school the wife and I graduated from and my parents graduated from. They got a fantastic education while learning to deal with people not like themselves. You homeschool? Good for you. But there is no reason to crap on the rest of us. Homeschooling is a very strange idea to me but I don't go around bemoaning those who choose that path. You don't HAVE to homeschool in order to raise bright-thoughtful kids.

Last edited:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    To be fair public education is the experiment in this case. Homeschooling although it has been deemed the “weird” or “abnormal” choice now really is the reigning champ. And public education has to prove itself. Double income households are also abnormal if you look into history.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    To be fair public education is the experiment in this case. Homeschooling although it has been deemed the “weird” or “abnormal” choice now really is the reigning champ. And public education has to prove itself. Double income households are also abnormal if you look into history.
    This is true, but much has changed with the world, and let me be completely honest, if I had to homeschool my son he wouldn’t live to see fourth grade! Don’t get me wrong, he’s a good kid, but sometimes he just… :wallbash:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    This is true, but much has changed with the world, and let me be completely honest, if I had to homeschool my son he wouldn’t live to see fourth grade! Don’t get me wrong, he’s a good kid, but sometimes he just… :wallbash:
    Choices. It is what makes everyone unique there is no perfect answer. All I want is for everyone to be able to make their own choices without someone in a far away land dictating said choices. That is my answer across the board for all issues schooling cars guns abortion. Once your choices start affecting mine is when I get grumpy…. You want public schooling great but don’t make it mandatory same with electric vehicles etc (obviously not directed towards you or anyone on here for that matter except maybe the guy that said he didn’t like homeschooling :lmfao:)

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    In Indiana, you can send your kids to ANY public school that will accept you. Doesn't have to be the district you live in.

Before our kids started school, we checked out the public schools, a charter school, and a few private ones.

We sent ours to a small public school and have been very happy. They get more opportunities and, I believe a better education than I could provide.

Top Bottom