• ...and so much more!
  • Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    N IN
    She also vetoed the birther bill.

Sounds like they may have a perverted version of good cop/bad cop going on in AZ.

Passing the the bills in the legislature is a good piece of read meat for the conservative base, while her veto makes sure the satus quo is not disturbed.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Just heard an interview with her...at first she said she vetoed it because of the way it was written, but she ended the interview by saying "NO GUNS ON OUR CAMPUSES! " Hmmm

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I like the idea of her saying she wants all gun laws crystal clear. We (they) don't need any new laws that can be interpreted one way or the other. That part makes sense. I don't have time to read the whole bill right now, but if it really is sloppy then maybe it's fine. The gun-rights guys in AZ will push another version if needed. If she's just backing down then shame on her.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I like the idea of her saying she wants all gun laws crystal clear. We (they) don't need any new laws that can be interpreted one way or the other. That part makes sense. I don't have time to read the whole bill right now, but if it really is sloppy then maybe it's fine. The gun-rights guys in AZ will push another version if needed. If she's just backing down then shame on her.

I agree. I just looked at the language of the bill, and it IS poorly written. It actually kinda contradicts itself.
    Withing Subsection D it states...

Any deadly weapon, dangerous instrument or explosive that is used, displayed or possessed by a person in violation of a rule adopted pursuant to this subsection shall be forfeited and sold, destroyed or otherwise disposed of pursuant to chapter 39 of this title

and then later states in Subsection D:

Notwithstanding subsection D of this section and section 15‑341, the governing board of an educational institution shall not adopt or enforce any policy or rule that prohibits the lawful possession or carrying of a weapon on a public right-of-way.

So in theory in a person who creates a disruption (which is open to whomever's interpetation) could have their firearm legally removed from them "forfeited, sold, or destroyed."

I think it's a good veto

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Isn't Governor Brewer the one who signed Arizona's law regarding doing away with the state's licensing system? If she is, then in my mind she has proven herself to be a friend to gun owners. I will give her the benefit of the doubt because it IS possible for bad pro-2A bills to exist. Now, if it was Barack Obama presenting her reasoning I would have a slightly different view..........:):

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Isn't Governor Brewer the one who signed Arizona's law regarding doing away with the state's licensing system? If she is, then in my mind she has proven herself to be a friend to gun owners. I will give her the benefit of the doubt because it IS possible for bad pro-2A bills to exist. Now, if it was Barack Obama presenting her reasoning I would have a slightly different view..........:):
    Barack the Magnificient wouldn't have signed the no-license law.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I agree. I just looked at the language of the bill, and it IS poorly written. It actually kinda contradicts itself.
    Withing Subsection D it states...

Any deadly weapon, dangerous instrument or explosive that is used, displayed or possessed by a person in violation of a rule adopted pursuant to this subsection shall be forfeited and sold, destroyed or otherwise disposed of pursuant to chapter 39 of this title

and then later states in Subsection D:

Notwithstanding subsection D of this section and section 15‑341, the governing board of an educational institution shall not adopt or enforce any policy or rule that prohibits the lawful possession or carrying of a weapon on a public right-of-way.

So in theory in a person who creates a disruption (which is open to whomever's interpetation) could have their firearm legally removed from them "forfeited, sold, or destroyed."

I think it's a good veto

I see your point, and I was going to give her the benefit of the doubt, but when I heard her excitedly exclaim "NO GUNS ON OUR CAMPUSES! " it just gave me pause..

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I see your point, and I was going to give her the benefit of the doubt, but when I heard her excitedly exclaim "NO GUNS ON OUR CAMPUSES! " it just gave me pause..

Yeah, that would make me a lil wary too. She may be using the poor language as an excuse.

Top Bottom