• 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I agree with on at least one point.

“He does, but a good 2nd Amendment person doesn’t tip off home invaders what guns are in the house and how many he has,” said Gary Howard, a spokesman for Paul.
    But is it really legal in Texas to shoot reporters and politicians?

Texas Gov. Rick Perry made news last year after using a .380 Ruger to shoot a coyote that threatened his dog while on a jog. Perry, whose campaign did not return a request for comment, said then he routinely carries a gun with him while running in case he runs into snakes.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So Mitt and Newt probably have never had guns. Paul and Bachman, who knows, when politicians give answers like that, it probably means no. You have to give the gun thing to Perry. Anyone that jogs with a pistol hoping he gets to shoot something has to be the winner on this category.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Newt does most of his shooting while his wives are in the hospital. What is that old line about the difference between a rifle and a gun? :dunno: Something about shooting and fun? The man has no honor, just arrogance.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    So Mitt and Newt probably have never had guns. Paul and Bachman, who knows, when politicians give answers like that, it probably means no. You have to give the gun thing to Perry. Anyone that jogs with a pistol hoping he gets to shoot something has to be the winner on this category.

Agreed. Perry gets the advantage on this point. Wish he was better on immigration, small government, adherence to the Constitution, debt reduction, integrity, international affairs, obamacare, jobs, etc.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Newt does most of his shooting while his wives are in the hospital. What is that old line about the difference between a rifle and a gun? :dunno: Something about shooting and fun? The man has no honor, just arrogance.

You do realize that most of what is "generally understood" about the timing of their divorce and her illness are greatly exaggerated and/or completely incorrect...right?

You should look up what Newt's daughter has recently said about the situation in a semi-recent interview.

The divorce was wife's idea...
    She wasn't "on her death bed"...
    Newt visited her several times while she was in the hospital...

-J-

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

I can relate to Perry's desire to carry for varmit protection. When I ride my motorcycle over the celery bog here in town....at night....it's like wild kingdom out there. I have seen numerous coyotes, fox, raccoons, skunks, opossums, deer, and even a few snakes.

But the WORST critter when riding a motorcycle, are DOGS. I routinely have dogs run out into the road and try to bite me in the leg while riding by. I often carry a short wooden club just for dealing with them.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    You do realize that most of what is "generally understood" about the timing of their divorce and her illness are greatly exaggerated and/or completely incorrect...right?

You should look up what Newt's daughter has recently said about the situation in a semi-recent interview.

The divorce was wife's idea...
    She wasn't "on her death bed"...
    Newt visited her several times while she was in the hospital...

-J-

We don't let a little thing like the truth get in the way of a good candidate bashing.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

I saw something from 2007 where the good Dr. said that he isn't going to pretend to be a hunter or a big shooter but he owns several. There was another something from 8/22/2011 that he said we must own and wisely use firearms to deter or prevent criminal assaults on our homes or persons. There was a video of him visiting a gun shop and I believe he mentioned that he wasn't really into or didn't own handguns. Probably a few shotguns and rifles in the Paul house.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I like the fact that Santorum is not afraid to say exactly what he likes. People that are into guns know what they like and can say exactly what it is. People that have guns, but are not necessarily into them tend to give more generic answers. It's also nice to hear Santorum say he likes an American handgun created by an American company.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    A spokesman for former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney didn’t respond to an inquiry for this story, but a 2007 Associated Press article said Romney didn’t own any guns then.

As a bostonian... I cant believe that a Mass politician wouldnt have any guns... then again im sure his salaried armed guards helped him sleep at night in his gated mansion.

Top Bottom