• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Attaboys around to the investigating teams.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Yep, DNA match.

Yeah they said that, but they make no mention of any other criminal record, they had to begin to suspect him somehow to go through discarded items to get his DNA...

They connected the two crime areas as being by the same guy back in 2000... and just in the last 6 days traced it all to him... but that all they say.

Was it a solid tip or maybe one of his kid's ancestry kits matched with a rape victim's kid...

I just wonder why did it take this long on a high profile case when we've had DNA matching for 25+ years... and then suddenly... Got him!

Last edited:

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    A 72 year old man who was a police officer for 6 years, yet didn't they mention his other jobs?

sucks. But we hold Police to a higher standard.
    We call them out as heros when they do their job. - as they are.

The flip side is they are hated when that trust is violated. - as it should be.

Just the way it is.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Yeah they said that, but they make no mention of any other criminal record, they had to begin to suspect him somehow to go through discarded items to get this one guy's DNA... was it a solid tip or maybe one of his kid's ancestry kits matched with a rape victim's kid...

I just wonder why did it take this long on a high profile case when we've had DNA matching for 25+ years... and then suddenly... Got him!

Just spit-ballin', but Certainly there may be something else that triggered authorities to look, but it may be his DNA came to be examined for other reasons. One of the stories mentioned that he was fired from being a cop because he had stolen something, didn't mention whether he was prosecuted. At some point collecting DNA from convicts started, so maybe there was a sample from way back then. Also I wouldn't be surprised if at least some police agencies collect DNA samples from all their officers.

Also DNA testing itself has improved so that samples from both victims and assailants that were not useful 25 years ago can now be analyzed. That may have accounted for, partially, a delay in matching him up as a suspect. Then I would guess they would want a current sample to make sure they go the right old man.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I think it is safe to say that this piece of **** in the shape of a human being would’ve more likely had his DNA splattered all over the inside of one of his intended victim’s home had he tried this in Indiana. I hope he rots in hell.

I read were someone in authority said the people of California can sleep better tonight now that he is apprehended. Horse****. There are many more out there to replace him. And the people of California need to elect representatives who will give them the best chance at defending themselves against animals like this bastard.

Last edited:

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    I heard from a friend that knew one of the detectives, that they got the match from one of the trendy DNA Sharing Services such as 23andme.com or ancestry.com. :shady:

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    I heard from a friend that knew one of the detectives, that they got the match from one of the trendy DNA Sharing Services such as 23andme.com or ancestry.com. :shady:

It was announced on the news tonight that they got it from one of the genealogy DNA sites, but they didnt share which one....

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It was announced on the news tonight that they got it from one of the genealogy DNA sites, but they didnt share which one....

Thats interesting. I wonder if that is in the fine print of the agreement? A "we reserve the right to share the data with 3rd parties, etc" clause. Or if somebody could be seeing a lawsuit soon?

Top Bottom