• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I built mine from parts I trust. DD LW barrel factory pinned lpgb under Centurion mlok guard. Aero upper, tool craft bcg. Aero lower with A5 and bcm stock. Mil spec trigger running surefeeds and pmags.

From the first round, never a hiccup. 6.5# loaded (20rd). A factory pinned lpgb is pretty ideal for reliability.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I built mine from parts I trust. DD LW barrel factory pinned lpgb under Centurion mlok guard. Aero upper, tool craft bcg. Aero lower with A5 and bcm stock. Mil spec trigger running surefeeds and pmags.

From the first round, never a hiccup. 6.5# loaded (20rd). A factory pinned lpgb is pretty ideal for reliability.
    Is toolcraft good stuff?
    It just sounds so harbor freight to me…

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    HXS6yg9.jpg

LWRC and a bunch of Lancer mags loaded with MK262 for me
    That's a combo right there!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Having just gone through the "I want a top tier AR" phase myself I ended up purchasing an LMT NZ-16 Reference rifle. The closest thing you can get to the issued rifle for the New Zealand Army. The only difference is its not select fire. Truly GTW ready. I have and have had other ARs but this one truly is leaps and bounds better.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Having just gone through the "I want a top tier AR" phase myself I ended up purchasing an LMT NZ-16 Reference rifle. The closest thing you can get to the issued rifle for the New Zealand Army. The only difference is its not select fire. Truly GTW ready. I have and have had other ARs but this one truly is leaps and bounds better.
    I rember that thread, fantastic looking rifle!

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    KAC
    LMT
    Colt (Prior to becoming an assembler)
    FN
    BCM
    LWRCi
    Bushmaster (Old bushmaster)
    Daniel Defense

There's some others.
    While you don't need to spend a lot to get a reliable rifle, it does cost money to avoid tolerance stacking that could create a problem in sub-optimal conditions. It also costs money to have proper inspection and testing of every component to make sure you don't get unlucky. A PSA will do just fine as long as it's kept clean and babied, as long as there's no manufacturing defects, which you will only discover after running it hard.
    A KAC, on the other hand, will outlive any situation you could find yourself in.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Going to war....

Well if I make it through the first engagement against whatever enemy of our country. I'll be picking up whatever the enemy is using.

I believe my Aero Precision rifles will work just fine. I just need to figure out which one. 300+ yards will be the AR-10. 300 yds or less will be the AR-15.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm confident in the SOLGW, BCM and BA parts that I've used and my ability to assemble what I consider to be my go to rifle.

Top Bottom