• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Plans for our honeymoon changed with the weather. Literally. It's raining in KY all weekend so we decided to go to the dunes and up to Holland, MI. I think.

I know I can't carry my Handgun with me up there. So what about a LongGun? Ammo and gun seperate of course. Is there any laws saying I can't take my AR in it's case with the ammo seperated?

I would look this up, but I'm getting married in 3 hours. :D

Kcustom45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Brownsburg
    If you do have a Carry permit it is good in MI (Unless something changed), but you have to follow their laws.

That means if you are not yet 21 years old you cannot carry in MI.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok, it says that MI requires a permit holder to be a resident of IN to honor the permit. Ok. I read it wrong. DOH.

I guess I don't need the AR then! :p Good good good. Thanks guys. Just trying to cover my ass.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    LoL I've BEEN married for 6 years now! It's just being made official today. :p I'll always be a free man! :D

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Right, Michigan requires one to be a resident of the state that issues the license. They don't honor non-resident permits.

So, for example if you're a resident of the state of Indiana, they DO honor your Indiana LTCH, but they would NOT honor a Utah non-resident license if you had one.

There are a few other states that operate this way as well.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]An individual licensed to carry a concealed pistol who is stopped by a police officer (traffic stop or otherwise) while in possession of a pistol shall immediately disclose to the police officer that he or she is carrying a concealed pistol either on their person or in their motor vehicle.[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Failure to disclose this information to a police officer carries the following penalties:[/FONT]

• <LI style="FILTER: ; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; BOTTOM: 0px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]First offense = State Civil Infraction - $500 fine and 6-month CCW license suspension.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Second offense = State Civil Infraction - $1000 fine and CCW license revocation.[/FONT]

Sounds like fun to me! Didn't we have a big arguement on saying people were stupid for informing the officers?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Awesome!

You followed my advice, and I didn't have to even give it.

My advice would have been:

Stay out of Michigan.

I'm glad we did. I had more fun down there than up there. :) Was a bit more expensive, but worth every penny. As long as the rest of the marriage stays that way, it will be too! :thumbsup:

:laugh:

Top Bottom