Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “Financial services company HSBC formally downgraded Anheuser-Busch InBev stock to "hold" this week as a result of the ongoing blowback to the Bud Light brand's embrace of transgender activist Dylan Mulvaney that caused sales of the product to plummet — potentially upwards of 25 percent — in April.“

“First reported by CNBC, HSBC's Carlos Laboy — a managing director in the company's global beverage sector — didn't mince words about what's happened to Anheuser-Busch InBev (ABI) amid its "Bud Light crisis" as a result of its evidently shortsighted plunge into a culture war battle that alienated and angered customers, causing "deeper problems than ABI admits."

BackFromDC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    And the group lady antebellum changed theirs to just Lady A

Smh

I think they had to pay an arm and a leg because there was actually another musician who went by "Lady A". They big deal was Lady A was actually black and it was comedically ironic that a woke white couple tried to steal a black lady's existing trademark. I think the original number was $10mil, but it was settled in Nashville court for an undisclosed amount.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think they had to pay an arm and a leg because there was actually another musician who went by "Lady A". They big deal was Lady A was actually black and it was comedically ironic that a woke white couple tried to steal a black lady's existing trademark. I think the original number was $10mil, but it was settled in Nashville court for an undisclosed amount.
    I remember that story. I recall it went from them changing their name to prevent doing harm to black people to actually doing harm to a black person. I believe they started down the road of "We're more popular, you'll just have to deal and use another name." but she was having none of it and made them pay for it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I remember that story. I recall it went from them changing their name to prevent doing harm to black people to actually doing harm to a black person. I believe they started down the road of "We're more popular, you'll just have to deal and use another name." but she was having none of it and made them pay for it.
    I removed any of their songs from my playlists due to this…

Warrior

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    A company goes woke and remarkets or renames their product. Sales decrease. Has there ever been a time when the woke consumers have back-filled the reduction in sales of a given product when those consumers chose a non-woke competitors product? Have any increased sales after having gone woke? None come to mind. Why listen to the agenda of the woke when the woke consumer will not replace the previously existing customer that just took a hike?

BackFromDC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    A company goes woke and remarkets or renames their product. Sales decrease. Has there ever been a time when the woke consumers have back-filled the reduction in sales of a given product when those consumers chose a non-woke competitors product? Have any increased sales after having gone woke? None come to mind. Why listen to the agenda of the woke when the woke consumer will not replace the previously existing customer that just took a hike?
    With such reduction of sales, I don't know why they can't see the simple math. Why try to appeal to a market that (1) hates capitalism (2) has smaller buying power and (3) represents a smaller market share. That ROI just doesn't make sense.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    With such reduction of sales, I don't know why they can't see the simple math. Why try to appeal to a market that (1) hates capitalism (2) has smaller buying power and (3) represents a smaller market share. That ROI just doesn't make sense.

The ironic part of this is the huge companies that are all in on ESG and that garbage are the same ones screaming profit at any cost and we must have continued growth every quarter. They don't seem to realize the two things are mutually exclusive.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Top Bottom