66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    With such reduction of sales, I don't know why they can't see the simple math. Why try to appeal to a market that (1) hates capitalism (2) has smaller buying power and (3) represents a smaller market share. That ROI just doesn't make sense.
    This does not account for the money from investors demanding high ESG scores. Capitalism works both ways, from the consumer and investors, the biggest most influential investors are woke…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This does not account for the money from investors demanding high ESG scores. Capitalism works both ways, from the consumer and investors, the biggest most influential investors are woke…
    But wouldn't those investors want to see the best ROI? Why invest in a losing proposition? Of course if the investors are communists, I guess profits don't matter.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I removed any of their songs from my playlists due to this…
    I never heard of them before their little “oh my goodness , we’re sorry” moment. After that, you couldn’t pay me to listen to them, much like most other modern “artists”.

I’ll stick with Kid Rock, Hank jr, and any other artist who doesn’t give a **** what anybody thinks.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    But wouldn't those investors want to see the best ROI? Why invest in a losing proposition? Of course if the investors are communists, I guess profits don't matter.
    Who says it is a losing proposition? The bidet administration and congress are playing with the market to rig it in their favor.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I never heard of them before their little “oh my goodness , we’re sorry” moment. After that, you couldn’t pay me to listen to them, much like most other modern “artists”.

I’ll stick with Kid Rock, Hank jr, and any other artist who doesn’t give a **** what anybody thinks.
    Some of my favs there, but my catalog is deeper than that…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Who says it is a losing proposition? The bidet administration and congress are playing with the market to rig it in their favor.

When the government is that heavily involved, it ceases to be capitalism and becomes communism.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Some of my favs there, but my catalog is deeper than that…
    Oh, don’t get me wrong, my listening goes way deeper too, just that the **** that has come out in the last 15-20 years is just absolutely awful, and actually makes me angry if I hear a few seconds of it!

I saw lady ass, or whatever they call themselves on some awards show several years back, it was just embarrassing to even watch, terrible musicianship, everything off key, horrible singing, just awful all the way through.

I’d rather see hank jr staggering drunk and making **** up as he goes (and I have, on more than one occasion
    ) than to ever suffer watching lady ass, dixie sluts, Florida Georgia fakes, and just about any other post 1999 country act ever again.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Same here…
    Side note/thread jack: back in the 80s, It seemed like Hank jr and or Waylon played the Louisville gardens about once a month. I went to a bunch of those guys shows back then.

Most memorable was, I guess in 1984, when van halen released their “1984” album. Hank Jr opened his show with “hot for teacher”. Later in the show, he was shirtless, and doing cartwheels across the stage! Probably one of the greatest concerts I’ve ever seen, and I’ve seen a lot! Lol!

Top Bottom