• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    This particular issue I don't see as winning, but I can see how you might refer to it as such. I'm a bit more cynical I guess. Just because he's saying, "we're getting too much pushback on ESG, so we'll start calling it by a different name", I don't see that as cause to celebrate. They're openly saying they're just going to continue the same thing under a different name. I guess we celebrate that we've annoyed them... :dunno:

I guess in that light it is a win because annoying the Left is always a good thing... :D

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That's okay, he doesn't have to. Everyone knows it was a huge mistake, he doesn't have to say it. Unless he ever wants the beer to sell again of course... :rolleyes:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Tickets for evening showings are like $18.00 so two or three tickets, drinks, candy and popcorn.
    No Thanks.
    It’s kinda funny, we were just talking about the movie last night. I really want to see it, I love the previous ones, it’s one of the few movie franchises that me and my wife both enjoy watching together, but during our conversation last night, the idea of going to a theater to see it, never came up.

We’ll wait for it to hit a streaming service and make a night of it then, for way less expense than going to a theater.

Weird how much things have changed in the last few years.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    It’s kinda funny, we were just talking about the movie last night. I really want to see it, I love the previous ones, it’s one of the few movie franchises that me and my wife both enjoy watching together, but during our conversation last night, the idea of going to a theater to see it, never came up.

We’ll wait for it to hit a streaming service and make a night of it then, for way less expense than going to a theater.

Weird how much things have changed in the last few years.
    I was a big Indiana Jones fan as well. I enjoyed the adventure aspect of the movies. I'm not so sure I want to see this one. I imagine it's full of woke ideologies and that would ruin it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I hope not. I haven’t seen anything really negative about it.
    I've heard a LOT bad about it.

Basically, the first 15 minutes or so is supposed to be good ole Indy.

The rest is setting up a replacement.
    Well, the last one sucked, and it was setting up a "son" as the replacement.
    But, they needed someone other than the "white man" as the replacement.
    So, they made another sucky movie.

Granted, Ford is getting long in the tooth and needs to be replaced.
    Shoulda done that with the "son".

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I loved the first two movies. The one previous (with the son) is among one of worst movies I've seen, this franchise or otherwise. I've read plenty of bad reviews on this particular installment. I'll likely still watch it, but NOT at a theater that wants $13 for a soda. As to the franchise in general, it might have played better to treat it similarly to James Bond, recurring roll by different actors. But, then again, Bond has grown long in the tooth as well. And really, Ford is what made the first two movies.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Not woke, and selling well.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The glass company, while losing million, also will not admit the mistake bud made…

“When Bud Light fell from the top of the sales charts, many in the press tried vainly to come up with other reasons behind the fall. (Sorry, guys, but Cinco de Mayo has been taking place for years, and the shift in drinkers' tastes was projected to occur in the span of half a dozen years, not in a matter of weeks!) A-B InBev America CEO Brendon Whitworth appeared on "CBS Mornings" last week in an attempt to smooth over the problems, but his evasive non-answers and corporate double-speak swayed no one.“

“Now, a bottling partner is absorbing its share of significant loss of business, and it, too, wants to avoid admitting the problem publicly. This only means the problem will continue to fester, and more market hits will occur. It is amusing/amazing to see a major brewery ignoring a basic tenant of drinking problems: The first step is admitting it.“

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree with the message being sent that "stakeholder capitalism" is a losing proposition. But I strongly suspect these companies don't care enough to fundamentally change. Even after feeling the scorn of being shunned for their behavior, they continued supporting it. They fired the people who made the deal with Mulvaney. Yet they continue to support ClownWorld™.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Great explanation of ESG, CEI, and HRC.

“The answer is that corporations are effectively held hostage by powerful asset managers—like Blackrock, Vanguard, and State Street—who demand that they adhere to an environmental, social, and governance (ESG) agenda. In order to earn the stamp of approval from these powerful shareholders, companies participate in scoring systems created by left-wing organizations who set the agenda for how they respond to cultural issues.”

“These organizations require complete fealty—with no room to question the methods or demands and no forgiveness if you deviate even a little from their program.”

“We see this toxic cycle play out in the new requirements of the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index (CEI). Even though the CEI preceded ESG in time, it has become a bellwether for whether companies are living up to the social justice agenda represented by the “S” in ESG.”

“HRC began rating companies on how their policies and practices serve the LGBTQ movement in 2002. At first, a perfect score on HRC’s index meant a company held nondiscrimination policies and offered healthcare benefits to employee’s same-sex partners. Yet, over the years, as more companies complied with these requirements, HRC ratcheted up its demands.”

“Now, HRC moves the goalposts each year in a way that commits companies to some of the most radical political goals of LGBTQ activists to maintain a perfect score. For example, to earn 100% this year and the coveted “Best Place to work for LGBTQ Equality” title, HRC is demanding that companies cover “puberty blockers for youth” in their healthcare plans.”

Top Bottom