• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Agree with the above posts. It's obvious that people won't stand for this woke garbage, so he'll offer this "apology" and just carry on with the same thing with a different name. These people are evil and will stop at nothing to get what they want.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    But that does not diminish the fact they had to change because they were losing.

Conservatives need to loosen up and at least acknowledge winning when they are, it might just increase the bandwagon…

I don't know that it's necessarily a win to celebrate, or just a smokescreen. My gut says smokescreen. It's just like when the Republican majority House announces they're going to do something. It's bread and circuses because it won't pass the Senate and even if it does, it'll just get shot down by the Dictator in Chief.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't know that it's necessarily a win to celebrate, or just a smokescreen. My gut says smokescreen. It's just like when the Republican majority House announces they're going to do something. It's bread and circuses because it won't pass the Senate and even if it does, it'll just get shot down by the Dictator in Chief.
    It is this type of demoralization true conservatives need to avoid to attract others to our side, we both know the practical realities but we need allies to make the next step. Winning attracts others to the party…

gorge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Earth
    But that does not diminish the fact they had to change because they were losing.

Conservatives need to loosen up and at least acknowledge winning when they are, it might just increase the bandwagon…

“I’m not going to use the word ‘ESG’ because it’s been misused by the far Left and the far Right,” Fink told the crowd. Still, Fink said he isn’t abandoning the precepts that underlie ESG.

It is right there. He is not giving it up.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    It is this type of demoralization true conservatives need to avoid to attract others to our side, we both know the practical realities but we need allies to make the next step. Winning attracts others to the party…

The only "winning" I see lately are the Bud Light/Target/Kohl's boycotts, the parents trashing schoolboards and things along those lines. There should be some actual real winning behind something to get excited about it and use it as examples of winning. When it's blatantly obvious that something is just words that don't mean anything, I'm not so sure they're useful in any way. If we go x months or years and ESG dries up and goes away with nothing to replace it, then it's a solid victory. Until then it's someone blowing smoke up our butts and I'd rather not use that as an example of success. I'm cautiously optimistic, but moreso I'm quite cynical and jaded and see this for what it is.

As pointed out by gorge, Fink is very much spelling out it's nothing more than a smokescreen. People have wised up and therefore they need something that makes people see a perceived victory when one doesn't exist.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

It is right there. He is not giving it up.
    You guys are so negative that you cannot see a win in front of your face.

It is a win that they must change what they call it, even if they continue, it will likely never be as successful as what they started.

gorge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Earth
    You guys are so negative that you cannot see a win in front of your face.

It is a win that they must change what they call it, even if they continue, it will likely never be as successful as what they started.
    If a communist calls himself (sorry, itself/zeself/etc) a democrat, does that make him (oops, sorry again, itself/zeself/etc) anything less than a commie? This is why it is not a win.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The only "winning" I see lately are the Bud Light/Target/Kohl's boycotts, the parents trashing schoolboards and things along those lines. There should be some actual real winning behind something to get excited about it and use it as examples of winning. When it's blatantly obvious that something is just words that don't mean anything, I'm not so sure they're useful in any way. If we go x months or years and ESG dries up and goes away with nothing to replace it, then it's a solid victory. Until then it's someone blowing smoke up our butts and I'd rather not use that as an example of success. I'm cautiously optimistic, but moreso I'm quite cynical and jaded and see this for what it is.

As pointed out by gorge, Fink is very much spelling out it's nothing more than a smokescreen. People have wised up and therefore they need something that makes people see a perceived victory when one doesn't exist.
    I get your point, agree with your point, but never thought my fellow traveler, guy I agree with 99.9% of the time would differ on what is winning. :lmfao:

If on first down the running back gets three yards, that is winning to me, no it was not a touchdown but touchdowns come infrequently, we must win the three yarders first to get touchdowns.

This is a solid first down, they have spent a lot of time and capital to train ESG and now to admit that it is too hot to use that moniker is winning.

To your point on the house voting for a bill I want, that is a first down win, it is not the game, but without the first step there can be no game win at all. The left is trying to demoralize conservatives and not let them appreciate the little wins.

We should appreciate our little wins and use them to gain confidence that we can win the game if we hold the fort and increase our ranks while winning the little ones. Remember, we got here by giving the left a mere three yards at a time…

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Personally I prefer reality. If I call something that isn't a win a win, I'm on that slippery slope that Leftists want me on where I can ignore reality and make my own "personal truth". That's how you have people calling themselves cat people and BS like that. I agree with you that it's a step in the right direction and I can certainly see that as something to be optimistic about, but it's not a win. Make sense? I'm an analytical guy, partially due to my career, so like to deal in truths and clarity, so can't call something what I feel it isn't. I certainly agree with you that we should be optimistic at this point that we are seeing a change and that common people are starting to push back and I definitely celebrate such things. Hopefully this can continue and spread.

Top Bottom