• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Some 14-year-old girl picked up a Glock 19 inside her church youth leaders van, said glock having magazine removed, and somehow it went off striking another teen in spine and paralyzing him.

He sued Glock, anyone who ever ever seen or heard of or read about a Glock, alleging that the manufacturer and all the other baddies knowingly marketed an unsafe gun, because it didn’t have magazine disconnect, loaded chamber indicator, safeties, internal locks, etc. ad nauseum.

Judge just tossed the lawsuit with your summary judgment in favor of Glock.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Some 14-year-old girl picked up a Glock 19 inside her church youth leaders van, said glock having magazine removed, and somehow it went off striking another teen in spine and paralyzing him.

He sued Glock, anyone who ever ever seen or heard of or read about a Glock, alleging that the manufacturer and all the other baddies knowingly marketed an unsafe gun, because it didn’t have magazine disconnect, loaded chamber indicator, safeties, internal locks, etc. ad nauseum.

Judge just tossed the lawsuit with your summary judgment in favor of Glock.

why are such weapons of War allowed to be sold to John Q Public.

Seriously lets hold an object responsible for an outcome in which it alone has no ability to perform it’s designed function.

Granted some may appreciate such things as disconnect, or loaded chamber indicator, etc so go out and buy one that fits your needs.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Weapon of war….. at one time wars were fought with sticks and stones…. I can hardly tolerate such blatant ignorance anymore!!! The church bus guy did not properly safeguard his weapon from children. His fault…. Not the manufacturers. That would be like during chevrolet because a drunk driver killed someone while driving their vehicle…. Absurd!!!!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Wow i think the real story here is that a 14yo didn’t know better than to point a gun at a person and pull the trigger?
    And that the adult also left it for her or others to apparently easily access (don't have all the details) but certainly seems like it's on him, and yes, seems the 14 year old should have known better as well.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    And that the adult also left it for her or others to apparently easily access (don't have all the details) but certainly seems like it's on him, and yes, seems the 14 year old should have known better as well.
    Yeah there is blame to go around. But should his car keys go in a safe also??? (A teen can kill someone with a car easier) We can’t say “don’t blame the tool” and then Change our tune depending on which tool….?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yeah there is blame to go around. But should his car keys go in a safe also??? (A teen can kill someone with a car easier) We can’t say “don’t blame the tool” and then Change our tune depending on which tool….?
    I'm not blaming the tool. I'm blaming the actions of both humans. Leaving the gun where it was in a public conveyance where it could be taken control of by someone else, was an action on his part. The 14 year old took a direct action that caused the harm, but his action definitely contributed. I also never said a safe. On his person or under his direct control would have not been an issue.

No blame on the gun, nor Glock at all.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    This is like suing an auto manufacturer for a drunk driving accident because the vehicle didn’t have a breathalyzer lockout.

If we Idiot-proof everything, then nothing will be useful.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I'm not blaming the tool. I'm blaming the actions of both humans. Leaving the gun where it was in a public conveyance where it could be taken control of by someone else, was an action on his part. The 14 year old took a direct action that caused the harm, but his action definitely contributed. I also never said a safe. On his person or under his direct control would have not been an issue.

No blame on the gun, nor Glock at all.
    I am saying you wouldn’t have the same reaction if he left his car keys out.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    My 13-year old grandson shoots his mother's P365, my G21, and his (mine) Buckmark, quite well, I might add. Safely. Why? Because he has been raised that way. The Buckmark was manufactured with a magazine safety. I removed it when I took the gun out of the original box. They serve no purpose in properly trained hands.

I wonder why the parents of the shooter weren't sued. THEY are the one responsible for a 14-year old having no clue what to do with a gun. Or even to leave it alone if you don't know what to do with it. At 14, my youngest daughter could mag-dump a full size 1911 into a 7" plate at 7 yards. My oldest daughter only fired one round in her life. She did not like it. She did have the good sense to not touch guns. Curiosity removed is curiosity quelled.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I wonder why the parents of the shooter weren't sued.
    They probably were, and maybe the church too.

However, this particular case was about the lawsuit against Glock, their distributor, and whatever gun shop sold the Glock plus anybody else who was associated with its manufacture, sale, etc.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Weapon of war….. at one time wars were fought with sticks and stones…. I can hardly tolerate such blatant ignorance anymore!!! The church bus guy did not properly safeguard his weapon from children. His fault…. Not the manufacturers. That would be like during chevrolet because a drunk driver killed someone while driving their vehicle…. Absurd!!!!
    I missed something did someone seriously call them weapons of war?

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Wow i think the real story here is that a 14yo didn’t know better than to point a gun at a person and pull the trigger?
    And this further illustrates my belief that firearms safety should be a mandatory part of public education. My opinion would be far more beneficial then some other required courses.

Top Bottom