• Status
    Not open for further replies.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    I was speaking to the last part of the post where it was pointed out that if they were that big a thing then criminals of a whole other kind would be handing them out in the Hood! Jeeze Louise why can't you people actually READ a post before you go off half cocked and flame someone for your own lack of understanding?
    If I wanted to be berated because of someone else's lack of cognitive ability, I would have stayed married to my ex-wife!
    I am a little surprised that you haven`t suggested that high capacity and drum magazines should be banned making the "switches" less effective . The original post somewhat (almost) implied it .
    No implied attack , JMHO

Mjr.Malfunction

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2021
    GOSHEN
    I am a little surprised that you haven`t suggested that high capacity and drum magazines should be banned making the "switches" less effective . The original post somewhat (almost) implied it .
    No implied attack , JMHO
    No implied feeling of being attacked. However, I don't believe I implied any such thing. I merely pointed out that a lethal combination that was possible. I know quite well that a full auto pistol is almost uncontrollable but when you have 50 rounds that can be expended in mere seconds, you don't need accuracy. JMHR

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I think you should go back and re-read my original post. I made it quite clear in said post that I know they are illegal. When did legality ever stop an idiot from doing something illegal? Also, I agree that enforcing current law instead of letting real criminals walk while non violent criminals are locked away would change a lot of things.
    How many people are killed with full auto guns each year?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm the one being Nagative here? Really?
    When you talk about being berated because of someone else’s lack of cognitive ability that’s passive aggressive. And when you tell another well-known and well respected member here preemptively that he’s going to disagree with you that’s passive aggressive. And that’s only the last couple pages I’ve read. You seem like the kind of person that always has to have the last word and always thinks everyone’s out to get you. At least everyone will remember your first 50.

Mjr.Malfunction

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2021
    GOSHEN
    When you talk about being berated because of someone else’s lack of cognitive ability that’s passive aggressive. And when you tell another well-known and well respected member here preemptively that he’s going to disagree with you that’s passive aggressive. And that’s only the last couple pages I’ve read. You seem like the kind of person that always has to have the last word and always thinks everyone’s out to get you. At least everyone will remember your first 50.
    Please explain Gregr's behavior in the Outdoor thread One Buck Rule. He appears to be in the same position in that thread that I am in this one. Apparently having an opinion that differs from the pack is a bad thing.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Please explain Gregr's Passive Agressive behavior in the Outdoor thread One Buck Rule. He appears to be in the same position in that thread that I am in this one. Apparently having an opinion that differs from the pack is a bad thing.
    You came in and hit a real hot button topic. Nothing wrong with that as long as you can take the slings and arrows you should expect. I wish you well, and I hope you stick around and participate in a lot of the great discussions on INGO. Just tone it down a bit and maybe your signal to noise ratio will go up enough where you won’t have to complain about being heard.

Mjr.Malfunction

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2021
    GOSHEN
    You came in and hit a real hot button topic. Nothing wrong with that as long as you can take the slings and arrows you should expect. I wish you well, and I hope you stick around and participate in a lot of the great discussions on INGO. Just tone it down a bit and maybe your signal to noise ratio will go up enough where you won’t have to complain about being heard.
    I will take your advice into consideration. Just didn't appreciate the PsychoAnalytical angle. Nothing personal.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I mean, maybe I have a bit of fudd in me, but I do see your point.

In principle, I'm actually kind of okay with banning or at least regulating to some degree full-auto weapons, mostly because they seem (IMHO) to give a disproportionate advantage to those who hold no respect for innocent lives (or are deliberately looking to take as many innocent lives as possible.)

HOWEVER, in practice it just seems silly. There's no way you're going to ban something that can be made easily with a legal firearm plus a single simple part, that can often be made by somebody in their basement, with the right tools (or even 3d-printed, depending on the weapon.) So why deprive law-abiding citizens of them?

If you have any brilliant ideas for keeping full auto glocks out of criminal hands, though, I'm all ears. I've seen two videos that I can think of in the past year of officers getting shot (one of them killed) with full auto glocks.
    The best way to keep full auto Glocks or any other weapon out of the hands of criminals is to lock their asses up for a long time instead of sending them through the revolving door and back out into the street.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I was speaking to the last part of the post where it was pointed out that if they were that big a thing then criminals of a whole other kind would be handing them out in the Hood! Jeeze Louise why can't you people actually READ a post before you go off half cocked and flame someone for your own lack of understanding?
    If I wanted to be berated because of someone else's lack of cognitive ability, I would have stayed married to my ex-wife!
    You really have issues. There was no lack of understanding. Instead there seems to have been a lack of clarity on your part. You replied to a lengthy message with one line, and you think it is obvious that you were agreeing with only ONE part of that message? :n00b:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I will take your advice into consideration. Just didn't appreciate the PsychoAnalytical angle. Nothing personal.
    Nothing personal on my end either. Take my advice at face value and do with it as you wish. I’ve done jail time on this board, the better part of the year once. I’m just trying to help you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You really have issues. There was no lack of understanding. Instead there seems to have been a lack of clarity on your part. You replied to a lengthy message with one line, and you think it is obvious that you were agreeing with only ONE part of that message? :n00b:
    Some folks just have to have the last word. I deal with them in the mod thing. It is easy to spot. When a point of view has been negated with reams of solid info it is time to close the arguments and review your opinion I do it all the time and sometimes I see an error in my ways. Sometimes not.
    Posting after a thread is closed is a perk…:laugh6:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom