• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    My short answer is: Yes, I am concerned.
    But probably not how Mjr.Malfunction expects.

I have 2 thoughts.
    These switches are already highly illegal.
    What do you want to do?
    Make them really really really highly illegal.
    I see a lot of the members here that are really upset because of their Ryeets being trampled, but they are already illegal.
    Any new law would just be redundant.
    We, as 'Mericans, have always been innovative.
    Spend 5 minutes online and you can find out how to make an AR-15 fully automatic with a coat hanger.
    If fully automatic was ever necessary (like if the Russians invaded), people could and would have it.
    Most people don't mess with modifying their arms to be full auto because they don't want to spend time in jail.

My concern lies in the fact (and this HAS been mentioned previously) that criminals caught using these to commit crimes will probably be released with minor sentencing.

Oh, if the laws we already have were just properly enforced...

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Of course they are already illegal. The OP is simply asking if we are concerned enough to make them MORE illegal. You know, like heroin or meth... Those things that people used to be able to get until they were made MORE illegal.
    Well, yeah, that was my point too. How much more illegal can they possibly be? :dunno:

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    I really don't understand why everyone has such a problem understanding my original post. Go back and read it. Really Read it. It was a simple what would you do if?
    Well, if "what would you do if?" was the point of the OP, I understand why people had such a problem understanding it. That's not what you wrote.

... Are you at least a tiny bit concerned? ...
    Now I'm going to go against the grain here, and agree with you - I think. I confess, I am a tiny bit concerned about running into a thug with a full auto frankingun shooting at me. I'll be more than a tiny bit concerned, if it ever happened, for anyone around, but not inline with me, particularly if they're on the 4th floor and up. So, now you can take my tiny bit, and just proclaim that "people are concerned about this!" Now, for clarity, my tiny bit is SO TINY that I won't remember it after this thread dies...but hey, I guess it exists.

Now, for perspective:
    I'm more than a tiny bit concerned about many of the dumb*ss people that drive on the same streets I do.
    I'm more concerned stupid ideas being feed to kids, and kids inability to apply reason and logic to disregard them.
    I'm more concerned about people in power actively working against us.
    I'm more concerned about a poisoned Tylenol inside a sealed bottle I bought at the store (older members remember that one?).
    I'm concerned about running out of TP at a nasty public restroom.

I grew up when fear of an all-out nuclear war was a real concern for many, and my area was #20 (out of many hundreds) on the USSR targeting list. I was way more concerned about that, but it didn't change what I had for lunch, where I went fishing, or who I had a crush on.

To be honest, I'm at least a tiny bit concerned about anyone shooting at me with anything! So, I guess an illegally modified tacticool tupperware bowl counts - so I'd be a liar if I completely rejected this and said 100% "no, I'm not concerned". However, when some 20-something mouth pulls a gun, I really don't think it will make any difference to me if it's a full-auto Glock. My response will be the same, and hopefully before they pull the trigger and I even learn what it is.

Specific to FA Glock 17's, I'm much more concerned about idiots doing this and putting it on UTube, or hurting themselves. This will give the Fed's, the MSM, and the Karen's just one more thing to flap around about. I'm more than a tiny bit concerned that these idiots provide oxygen for those that want to impinge on my freedoms. So, I agree, I wish they wouldn't do that.

Not one of the above concerns will change what I have for lunch, where I go after work, what I watch with my wife, or when I go to bed. Beyond a hypothetical, I guess they just don't mean that much... but hey, you made me look!

Last edited:

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    ... I simply made the statement that some things should not be so easy to obtain. ...
    Here I'm going to kind of agree with you again. (Wife is keeping the house cold because of the last utility bill, so I can use some flames to warm up :))

I too agree that some things should be hard to get, maybe even banned or severely regulated.

I'm all against Iran getting a stockpile of nuclear missiles. I'm against even one... even a suitcase nuke. So if I start with that in mind, I'll agree that some things, in some scenarios, should not be easy to get.

However, this FA Glock thing doesn't even come close. IF the demand for full-auto guns was really great enough, then the same people that traffic in drugs, people, etc. would provide the supply. I think this Glock thing is more concerning as bait for bulls**t conversation than as anything I'm going to lose sleep over.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    No more concerned about it than a criminal pulling a short barreled AK or sawed-off shotgun from under his coat or being attacked by a group of 5 more. Someday the threat may increase but for now I'll keep carrying a 9mm semi-auto. To your point, there isn't anything you, me or the government is going to do about it anyway.

Besides, the Glock 18 fires 20 rounds/second. I don't know about the homemade guns but the dufas better aim well. Without a drum mag he'll need to reload in 0.95 seconds after pulling the trigger.

Mjr.Malfunction

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2021
    GOSHEN
    You know something my friend; When it seems as though everyone else is a fault, it might just be time to look in the mirror?

Even though some of our folks are (sadly) less than polite, it doesn't mean they are wrong and you are right.

You started a thread expressing a concern, asking for opinion on it. Sorry that you didn't get your affirmation. You might want to learn at least something from the results you received? :scratch:

I very well did leqarn something from it. The old rule: Haters Gonna Hate!

Mjr.Malfunction

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2021
    GOSHEN
    Here I'm going to kind of agree with you again. (Wife is keeping the house cold because of the last utility bill, so I can use some flames to warm up :))

I too agree that some things should be hard to get, maybe even banned or severely regulated.

I'm all against Iran getting a stockpile of nuclear missiles. I'm against even one... even a suitcase nuke. So if I start with that in mind, I'll agree that some things, in some scenarios, should not be easy to get.

However, this FA Glock thing doesn't even come close. IF the demand for full-auto guns was really great enough, then the same people that traffic in drugs, people, etc. would provide the supply. I think this Glock thing is more concerning as bait for bulls**t conversation than as anything I'm going to lose sleep over.
    Finally! A common sense reply! I see your ponit and it is well taken. Thank You for a reasonable reply.

Mjr.Malfunction

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2021
    GOSHEN
    My short answer is: Yes, I am concerned.
    But probably not how Mjr.Malfunction expects.

I have 2 thoughts.
    These switches are already highly illegal.
    What do you want to do?
    Make them really really really highly illegal.
    I see a lot of the members here that are really upset because of their Ryeets being trampled, but they are already illegal.
    Any new law would just be redundant.
    We, as 'Mericans, have always been innovative.
    Spend 5 minutes online and you can find out how to make an AR-15 fully automatic with a coat hanger.
    If fully automatic was ever necessary (like if the Russians invaded), people could and would have it.
    Most people don't mess with modifying their arms to be full auto because they don't want to spend time in jail.

My concern lies in the fact (and this HAS been mentioned previously) that criminals caught using these to commit crimes will probably be released with minor sentencing.

Oh, if the laws we already have were just properly enforced...
    I think you should go back and re-read my original post. I made it quite clear in said post that I know they are illegal. When did legality ever stop an idiot from doing something illegal? Also, I agree that enforcing current law instead of letting real criminals walk while non violent criminals are locked away would change a lot of things.

Mjr.Malfunction

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2021
    GOSHEN
    LOL. "Common sense" because it agrees with you. That phrase gets used a lot when someone wants to get rid of something scary.
    I was speaking to the last part of the post where it was pointed out that if they were that big a thing then criminals of a whole other kind would be handing them out in the Hood! Jeeze Louise why can't you people actually READ a post before you go off half cocked and flame someone for your own lack of understanding?
    If I wanted to be berated because of someone else's lack of cognitive ability, I would have stayed married to my ex-wife!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom