• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I mean, maybe I have a bit of fudd in me, but I do see your point.

In principle, I'm actually kind of okay with banning or at least regulating to some degree full-auto weapons, mostly because they seem (IMHO) to give a disproportionate advantage to those who hold no respect for innocent lives (or are deliberately looking to take as many innocent lives as possible.)

HOWEVER, in practice it just seems silly. There's no way you're going to ban something that can be made easily with a legal firearm plus a single simple part, that can often be made by somebody in their basement, with the right tools (or even 3d-printed, depending on the weapon.) So why deprive law-abiding citizens of them?

If you have any brilliant ideas for keeping full auto glocks out of criminal hands, though, I'm all ears. I've seen two videos that I can think of in the past year of officers getting shot (one of them killed) with full auto glocks.
    Ok with banning? You`re following the same leftie mindset that says no one can be trusted to be law-abiding, so you`re going to fight the winless battle by constraining the law-abiding to try to stop those who won`t obey the law in the first place.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I imagine it would go something like this...

iu

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Is anyone concerned that they might be in a confrontation, or possibly firefight, with some Punk ass carrying a Glock 19 full auto? I sell guns for a living and I see a lot of younger guys (21 to 23) coming in looking for a Glock 17 or 19. Glock switches are remarkably easy to get and relatively cheap. Several companies make drum Mags that hold fifty rounds for Glocks. Add a Glock Switch and , well I'm sure you can see the possibilies.

Biggest problem I can see is that a full auto pistol is nearly uncontrollable without a lot of traing. Something most younger owners with little to no experience are not likely to have.
    I don't want to sound like a FUDD but some things should not be so easy for the general public to have. I have no issue with owning a full auto weapon. IF you have the skills and traing to use it correctly but I don't feel that a 21 year old with no real handgun experience and no training with that sort of weapon being able to walk around with a full auto Glock.

For those of you who are Prolly gonna Flame me for this post. Yes they are illegal and getting caught with one would get you in prison but when did that ever stop anyone from doing something stupid.
    And who pray tell decides what that level of training is? 99% of gun owners don't meet the level of training I find acceptable but I don't seek to deny them their rights because of it.

As to your question, no, I am no more concerned about this particular event than I am of any other deadly force encounter. That is, I am as concerned as I need to be while being highly trained and practiced and doing my best at risk avoidance. But then you know, sometimes crap just happens.

Last edited:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Wow this one is great I don’t have anything to add that hasn’t been said. Really glad to see most people are on the side of freedom in here.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Is anyone concerned that they might be in a confrontation, or possibly firefight, with some Punk ass carrying a Glock 19 full auto? I sell guns for a living and I see a lot of younger guys (21 to 23) coming in looking for a Glock 17 or 19. Glock switches are remarkably easy to get and relatively cheap. Several companies make drum Mags that hold fifty rounds for Glocks. Add a Glock Switch and , well I'm sure you can see the possibilies.

Biggest problem I can see is that a full auto pistol is nearly uncontrollable without a lot of traing. Something most younger owners with little to no experience are not likely to have.
    I don't want to sound like a FUDD but some things should not be so easy for the general public to have. I have no issue with owning a full auto weapon. IF you have the skills and traing to use it correctly but I don't feel that a 21 year old with no real handgun experience and no training with that sort of weapon being able to walk around with a full auto Glock.

For those of you who are Prolly gonna Flame me for this post. Yes they are illegal and getting caught with one would get you in prison but when did that ever stop anyone from doing something stupid.

I cannot control others. All I can do is be prepared. Situations like the one you describe are why I carry grenades.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

Just to be sure, could you upload a recording of yourself saying "Rascally rabbit"?

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    And who pray tell decides what that level of training is. 99% of gun owners don't meet the level of training I find acceptable but I don't seek to deny them their rights because of it.

As to your question, no, I am no more concerned about this particular event than I am of any other deadly force encounter. That is, I am as concerned as I need to be while being highly trained and practiced and doing my best at risk avoidance. But then you know, sometimes crap just happens.
    Training mandated by politicians is infringement 100%.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Seems like every thread on this forum these days turns political. WTF people, keep that junk in the right sub-thread.
    Unfortunately this is a discussion of policy and permission slips so that would be strictly political. Especially since op is talking restrictions.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Seems like every thread on this forum these days turns political. WTF people, keep that junk in the right sub-thread.
    Everything "these days" IS political, and so again, it is you who is throwing out the leftie talking point. Don`t throw a hand grenade then act surprised when it explodes.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Everything "these days" IS political, and so again, it is you who is throwing out the leftie talking point. Don`t throw a hand grenade then act surprised when it explodes.
    Huh? What are you talking about? Grenades? Dude, relax.

I just said I was tired of having politics in every single thread. And no, everything is not political.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Huh? What are you talking about? Grenades? Dude, relax.

I just said I was tired of having politics in every single thread. And no, everything is not political.
    everything is political due to serious over reach…… name one thing that doesn’t involve politics.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom