• Which sub compact Glock?

• Total voters

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I always appreciate a good salesman...I have been in sales for 10+ years...I like your attitude... If money was no object I would buy one of each but right now I can just afford to get one.

he's saying that if you buy the G27, you can also add a 40-9mm conversion barrel and mags and shoot 9mm out of it.

You'd have both :D

Many of us choose the G23 over the 19 for the same exact reason.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    or if you want magnum 9mm ballistics, get the 357sig in the 33, then laugh when you teach people to shoot it at the range....as far as I know, its the nastiest the baby glock gets....lol

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I dont carry my gun like that because I do not trust myself to NOT forget to leave it laying around for small children...I carry mine with a full mag...i will rack the slide if in a dangerous area but I feel like I would rather put myself at risk than my kids if I left it laying around by accident....If I was single or it was just me and my wife I would do what you do...I know myself too well to do that...The kids can rack the slide right now so it is just a precaution...

Trust me, you will get various opinions on how you should carry and what not.

There will be those that tell you not carrying hot is like carrying a paperweight, but do what works for you and carry.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    I chose the backup in 40 because with $250 you can two more calibers to chose from on the same gun. plus it comes in a baby too. 9mm 40cal 357sig one gun

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    What does everyone think about the Baby Glock vs the Backup Glock? Would you rather have 10 rounds of 9mm or 9 rounds of 40 cal?

For what purpose? Primary carry, a BUG, what?

For primary carry - neither, I prefer something larger for such a role, i.e. G19, 23, or 30 (the 30 isn't in the same size class as the 26/27, btw, regardless of how it's classified in the Glock marketing material).

For a BUG - picking what gives you ammunition and/or magazine compatability with your primary carry piece has some advantages, irrespective of caliber.

patandhisruger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    why a glock?...no one can ever answer this question with anything more than "it's reliable"...you know Springfields, Sigs, FNHs, Rugers, S&Ws, Berettas etc. all make semis with reliability to boot...the glock is not the end all automatic any more...(note: not trying to bash the op, just a question i've been meaning to get some answers too)..besides the reliability which can be found in a multitude of other manufactures why is the Glock on top of everybody's wishlist...it must be because everyone owns one so they want to be and own one too...

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    why a glock?...no one can ever answer this question with anything more than "it's reliable"...you know Springfields, Sigs, FNHs, Rugers, S&Ws, Berettas etc. all make semis with reliability to boot...the glock is not the end all automatic any more...(note: not trying to bash the op, just a question i've been meaning to get some answers too)..besides the reliability which can be found in a multitude of other manufactures why is the Glock on top of everybody's wishlist...it must be because everyone owns one so they want to be and own one too...

Glock isn't at the top of my wishlist but it is the first semi auto I bought. I love my Glock 27 but it isn't the only handgun that I own and it isn't the only semi that I own. I've shot some other semis that I really liked but some cost double what my Glock did. As a carry weapon I'll take reliable in an affordable package. A Glock won't be my next semi but I will own other Glocks.

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    I believe the original question pertains to "Glock" models hence all the "Glock" suggestions.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Is this recommended by the manufacturer? Is it commonly done? If you can do it with the 27 then why cant you do it with the 26?

I have not seen Glock openly endorse this package, but I have read about many success stories with this combo. It's something that intrigued me and I'm considering trying it.

xdmdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    southport
    my vote is the 26 because of two reasons. 1. the 9mm is cheaper to pratice with. 2. too much recoil felt in the 40 in that size of a gun. I personally feel like with jhp's you will have sufficient recoil.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    What does everyone think about the Baby Glock vs the Backup Glock? Would you rather have 10 rounds of 9mm or 9 rounds of 40 cal?

What other Glocks do you have? If you have 9mm's get the G26 so you can interchange mags... Same thing if you have a 40. I favor the punch of the 40.

Top Bottom