• Which sub compact Glock?

• Total voters

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Has anybody ever seen a Glock 28 in .380. There is a import issue with getting these here but I would love to have one. I dont really see an advantage in size as it looks to be the same size as the 9mm. I think they have a lot of these in South America or in countries where civilians can't pack anything bigger than .380.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Has anybody ever seen a Glock 28 in .380. There is a import issue with getting these here but I would love to have one. I dont really see an advantage in size as it looks to be the same size as the 9mm. I think they have a lot of these in South America or in countries where civilians can't pack anything bigger than .380.

I don't think there is an advantage here. In countries with a restriction on people owning weapons with military calibers such as 9mm.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have fired many a 27 and a couple 26's. I found the 27 a bit uncomfortable to shoot. I'm a Glock guy, but also a .40 guy. I say get a G23, really not that much bigger. I own a 23 and a few G22's and a G17, look at what you have, if you run 9, run 9, if you run a different caliber then go that way. I have came to the conclusion that I need to consolidate to one common pisstowel caliber. I chose fo' day.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I also consider that too as I currently own a G22 and a G19. The ammunition cost of the 22 is substantially higher than the the 9mm. If I am not mistaken all the magazines in glocks can be interchanged for the same caliber. I made the mistake the other day of slipping the g22 magazine in the 19. So this could happen if you are stumbling in the night and you are not organized (as i can be sometimes) Good Point!
    I have fired many a 27 and a couple 26's. I found the 27 a bit uncomfortable to shoot. I'm a Glock guy, but also a .40 guy. I say get a G23, really not that much bigger. I own a 23 and a few G22's and a G17, look at what you have, if you run 9, run 9, if you run a different caliber then go that way. I have came to the conclusion that I need to consolidate to one common pisstowel caliber. I chose fo' day.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    G22

I just bought the G22 recently and have spent little time shooting it. I did notice that you must grip it a little tighter. When I was shooting it at atterbury the other day the recoil on my cold hands caused some discomfort as my middle finger impacted the outside bottom of the trigger guard. I just enjoy shooting the 9mm because it is the perfect amount of power for me at the right cost. If I was a police officer I would carry the 40 though as my odds of being in a firefight would be greater. I would rather have a 40 cal in gunfight than a 9mm.

chewylax8

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    What do you currently carry? I would personally get the 26 or 27 depending on what caliber you already have, to try and consolidate the types of ammo you'll need to buy.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    I like my 27 and the power of the 40. If your a Glock owner your familiar with the system and your not going to shoot it all day. If your in a must use situation you won't even know it had a recoil. Just my :twocents:

I also like the Beretta PX4 Storm SC in 40 cal.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Agreed, but what do you think about having one less round?
    I like my 27 and the power of the 40. If your a Glock owner your familiar with the system and your not going to shoot it all day. If your in a must use situation you won't even know it had a recoil. Just my :twocents:

I also like the Beretta PX4 Storm SC in 40 cal.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    What does everyone think about the Baby Glock vs the Backup Glock? Would you rather have 10 rounds of 9mm or 9 rounds of 40 cal?
    Personally Id rather have 10 rounds of .40, which is why I bought the Glock factory 10 round mags with the fingertip extension for my 27

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Agreed, but what do you think about having one less round?

One less doesn't bother me. I've got a 27.

That said, do you currently have a Glock in either 9 or .40? If you do, buy the same caliber you already have for mag interchange and so you don't need to pick up a different caliber.

If you don't, consider buying the 27 and getting the conversion barrel if you want to shoot it a lot.

I've also got a 30 and a 21, and I'll admit the 27 can be a bit abusive to shoot compared to the others, along with costing more to feed than the 26 would be. My 30 is my favorite to shoot. 27 is my favorite to carry.

Top Bottom