• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I've carried a G26 for nearly five years now. My first handgun of any kind, so I figured I didn't have any reference point to have to "get used to" the pinkyless grip. I usually carry it with a +2 extension, but keep a flush mag handy when I need more concealability. Works great IWB for appendix carry, where I think the extra barrel length of a 19 would cut into my thigh more while I'm sitting. I've been very happy with it.

OTOH, my wife's CW9 is a dandy little piece too, if you're willing to sacrifice a little capacity for the slimness of a single-stack....

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    G26 or G19. I like shooting the G19, like carrying the G26. On the range I get the same patterns with both.

nirvanacarl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    I EDC a gen 4 G17. love the capacity but would check out the G19. it is a little long in both length and height. the 19 wont take alot off but should be enough. it also has the rail so you can use a tac light if you so choose. i would suggest it for home.

nirvanacarl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    also if there is any question about reliability with the dual captured recoil spring i can offer my experience. ive had my gen 4 g17 for about 18 months. have put somewhere around 1300 rounds and havent had an issue. have had a couple weird things happen but nothing from the spring. ive intentionally tried to limp wrist even with winchester white box it functions fine. hope this helps

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    Glock 26 is my EDC. I don't leave home without it. I put the Pierce finger extensions on and installed a tungsten guide spring assembly. Easy to shoot and maintain sight picture. Sweet running extension of my body.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    The GEN 3 26 can be found used for about $200 less then a new GEN4. If price is not an issue get a GEN 4. The S&W Shield is also very nice. However the shield does not have 33 round mags available like the 26 has. Those 33 round mags are fun as hell.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    The S&W Shield is a great and cheaper alternative. The upside to the Shield are cheaper, better sights, and more accurate. The downside is aftermarket parts, resale value, and no 33 round mags for the Shield. Both are great guns that I own. I do find myself carrying the Glock more then the Shield.

bassdave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Ive carried a gen2.5 g26 for 10 years or better almost everyday(kinda fickle) and love it. I don't even want to guess how many 1000's of rounds through it and NEVER a malfunction! They are great little guns and if I do my part, just as accurate as my g19.

prostate

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Greencastle, IN
    I love this little gun. I had a trigger job done on it together with a safety on the trigger and it's now a real tack driver. It conceals well and very simple to dismantle and clean. After the trigger job, it was lightened to about 3, I have dared to takes 25 yard shots when I'm at the range. I am very happy with this little gun that I think it will be with me for quite some time

Apriliaguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2013
    Pendleton
    Trigger job. Are you talking about polishing internals. I am weary about lightening the trigger for a carry. So I was contemplating the polish job. I heard it smooths it up a bit. Crisper

Top Bottom