• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kgeb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Lake County
    WOW, once at band camp blah blah blah use what you like both are excellent pistols I own an XD and I Owned a Glock I prefer the XD but that is my preference it wasnt because I thought one was any better than the other. This is like the same argument when we switched from 45 to 9mm in the army then it was this caliber is better instead of manufacture. I didn't care as long as when I pulled the trigger the thing went bang.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Thread progression went like this:

OP asked which was better, got his answer from bunches of folks (it doesn't matter, pick the one you like.)

There was some good natured ribbing back and forth about various guns, mostly Glocks and XDs since that is the subject of the thread, though there was a gratuitous and unnecessary comment thrown in there about my 92FS, a gun that is actually better than either the Glock or the XD.

Some folks started acting like people were insulting their babies, and it's gotten silly from there.

Mostly Glock people, because something about their gun choice seems to make them insecure.

Ok... that last one was thrown in just to be mean. :D

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    You called some XD owners "asshats"

I didn't call you an asshat.

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

catfight.jpg

hunter7.3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    No scuffle, you're fine.. Hickman offers plenty of valuable info here.... and if I can offer him any advice or info on anything, I'd be happy to do the same.

He's just like me... we're both gonna get the last word in! :D

And that's okay, too - it's good to be passionate about something - even if it's debating!

How you liking your new Glock?

I really like it. Fairly easy to conceal and I like the way it shoots. Now granted, I need to get some more practice in with it, but that will come with a little more time. Thanks for asking!

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I really like it. Fairly easy to conceal and I like the way it shoots. Now granted, I need to get some more practice in with it, but that will come with a little more time. Thanks for asking!

First time I shot my 19, I was all over the place. But I shoot bass ackwards.

I start further and work my way in until I'm happy with my groups. Once i've gotten my groupings how I want them, I'll go backwards until I've determined how good/bad I am.

Second time around and thereafter I've been A-O-K....

Good luck and enjoy!

striker1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Michiana
    (new here, been around other forums for awhile)

I'm one of those who have looked at Glocks, M&Ps, S&Ws and XDs objectively (when looking at polymer) and chose an XD. Twice, actually. I don't dislike Glocks. I just prefer the way the XD feels.

I own several SIGs and I find the ergos of the XDs to be similar.

As far as the rabid fanboy stuff -- regardless of platform -- I find it rather silly. Juvenile, even. I just don't get why folks want to argue whether Brand X is better than Brand Y. *All* high-quality platforms have their merits and flaws. I prefer to think of pistols in "best in a particular category" terms. Thank God we don't have just one choice, and as gun enthusiasts we can enjoy any or all the brands we care to own and shoot.

BTW, I am loiking at a G19, which would incidentally be my first 9mm. Something light and simple for my wife to shoot once in a while.

--
    RB

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    (new here, been around other forums for awhile)

I'm one of those who have looked at Glocks, M&Ps, S&Ws and XDs objectively (when looking at polymer) and chose an XD. Twice, actually. I don't dislike Glocks. I just prefer the way the XD feels.

I own several SIGs and I find the ergos of the XDs to be similar.

As far as the rabid fanboy stuff -- regardless of platform -- I find it rather silly. Juvenile, even. I just don't get why folks want to argue whether Brand X is better than Brand Y. *All* high-quality platforms have their merits and flaws. I prefer to think of pistols in "best in a particular category" terms. Thank God we don't have just one choice, and as gun enthusiasts we can enjoy any or all the brands we care to own and shoot.

BTW, I am loiking at a G19, which would incidentally be my first 9mm. Something light and simple for my wife to shoot once in a while.

--
    RB

I don't mind brand loyalty. I think it is natural. It gets to ridicules levels sometimes. Glock has been an idol on this forum for some reason. That objectivity you are talking about seems to go out the window when people start talking about glocks.

exile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om3KuZFuW_0]YouTube - Glock mud and water test[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeAE9MdcbNU&feature=related]YouTube - Beretta mud test[/ame]

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I'm sure glad I don't throw my Beretta in the water before I shoot it :D :rolleyes:

These tests make me **** my pants... I guess it's certainly possible that you'll drop a gun in a mud puddle in the woods right before needing to shoot it....

But seriously..... Is this really a concern? Does it really make someone not want a Beretta now?

This video, to me, only proved that 2 idiots threw a couple guns needlessly in the water for the purpose of 61 seconds of YouTube video :rolleyes:

Excuse me while I go dry off the front of my pants.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I'm sure glad I don't throw my Beretta in the water before I shoot it :D :rolleyes:

These tests make me **** my pants... I guess it's certainly possible that you'll drop a gun in a mud puddle in the woods right before needing to shoot it....

But seriously..... Is this really a concern? Does it really make someone not want a Beretta now?

This video, to me, only proved that 2 idiots threw a couple guns needlessly in the water for the purpose of 61 seconds of YouTube video :rolleyes:

Excuse me while I go dry off the front of my pants.

There are these kind of torture tests for most popular handguns. It's really silly. I don't think "tortureable" is a required trait of a handgun. Have you seen the one where they freeze guns in blocks of ice? That one is really applicable to everyday carry. That Beretta may jam when its thrown in a swamp but at least it doesn't feel like you are shooting a 2X4.

Top Bottom