• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Ok instead of assuming I love glocks and hate or XDs, please READ what i've put in my last 2 posts. Its as clear as day what my stance is.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    You had better not be talking about me. I've stated that my P30L is superior in every way.

Either that or you need to read everything and not just what you think supports your case.

I've been challenging people to find out why they are so pissy about Glocks.

So I just went through this whole thing again - damn - a LOT of pages and posts.. 183 posts debating between XD and Glock.

These are my conclusions:

I'd say both have a good following, as evidenced by this thread. Owners of each brand are enormously LOYAL to their brand.

JosephR and Hickman, you will never be mistaken for someone who likes XD's. You have CLEARLY made your dislike of the SA's well known.

But I wanted to post my :twocents: on the last part of your above quote. I really can't believe I never realized this before, but it just hit me like a ton of bricks. I've thought it, but never to this extent.

IMHO, people are so pissy about Glocks because they are perceived to be "thuggish".

Oh if I had a dollar everytime I was in a gun store and one of the "hoodies" came in and went straight to the Glock case. :rolleyes:

I've never once heard one of the hoodrats walk in and say "Yo, dawg. Where yo' XD's at?" Or better yet, "Yo' dawg, you got any 1911's?"

They always go to the Glocks. Always. You could use that slogan more leigtimately than Wal-Mart - ALWAYS!

Maybe that's where the sheep reference comes from. Even just yesterday, at an INGO lunch, a regular ol' customer looked at one of our fellow INGO members and asked him "Is that a Glock?" - even though his gun looked nothing like a Glock.

Nevertheless, it's a perception thing for some people, no doubt.

Gotta give Glock this though; they got their name out there to the public in a BIG way.

Both cops AND robbers like the Glocks.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    JosephR and Hickman, you will never be mistaken for someone who likes XD's. You have CLEARLY made your dislike of the SA's well known.

I never said I dislike XD's, it's their asshat owners who feel anytime someone mentions a Glock, they have to chime in.

I mean seriously, look at your own silly signature line and then name all the pro's that have won more national championships than Glock with XD's and tells us how "xd is greater than glock"...

Colt45er will even tell you that I'm interested in shooting his XDm, but you assume otherwise because I personally prefer Glocks after owning them for many, many years.

I do get a laugh though, if I were to compile a list of those who go out of their way to bash glocks vs glockers who go out of their way bash any other gun, you would see it from my perspective.

It's like the Libs always bashing Bush, who is by no means perfect, but not what they painted him out to be.

Last edited:

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I never said I dislike XD's, it's their asshat owners who feel anytime someone mentions a Glock, they have to chime in.

I mean seriously, look at your own silly signature line and then name all the pro's that have won more national championships than Glock with XD's and tells us how "xd is greater than glock"...

Let's not make it personal by calling my signature line silly. It's not silly; it's a freaking signature line on an internet forum, and just as you prefer Glocks over XD's, I'm the opposite. And since I own both, I can say that, for me, I prefer the XD. Your sig promotes your Glocks, and my sig promotes the XD.

And IMO, and in my own personal experience, I believe the XD to be better than Glock - or at least my XD is better than my Glock.

As for national championships and all that; I like to shoot - I couldn't possibly care less about competition shooting. And who is a pro anyway? Is a "pro" someone who shoots accurately?

Last edited:

Myrk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    I have had a Glock .40 for some time, great gun. The only thing I added for a better feel is one of those slip on grip covers. I have however just gotten a Springfield xd 9mm. I like the feel of it but may look into a slipover for that as well. I have not been out to shoot it yet, but it is funny to look on here and see that there are two camps on the makes. heheheh I always have trouble making up my mind, so I just get both. :):

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Let's not make it personal by calling my signature line silly.

Uhhh, you made it "personal" by calling out my name with a factually inaccurate statement:

If you wanted to be factual, you would have stated that I would be one who happens to like MY Glock... I knock Glocks for the problems they have, such as the G22's with tac lights and the G30/30SF FTRB problems. I've also said I'd move to the M&P series for carry and completion if Glock ignored those problems.

They only thing I've EVER said about XD's is I didn't care for a needless grip safety, the TALL slide and the nimple looking thing hanging out the back of the slide.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Uhhh, you made it "personal" by calling out my name with a factually inaccurate statement:

If you wanted to be factual, you would have stated that I would be one who happens to like MY Glock... I knock Glocks for the problems they have, such as the G22's with tac lights and the G30/30SF FTRB problems. I've also said I'd move to the M&P series for carry and completion if Glock ignored those problems.

They only thing I've EVER said about XD's is I didn't care for a needless grip safety, the TALL slide and the nimple looking thing hanging out the back of the slide.

You're right, my apologies. It became personal when you called some of us XD owners "asshats" :rolleyes:

Or compared some of us to the "libs at work"

You guys and your need to discuss "facts" completely disregarding the FACT that this entire thread is based on opinions and the OP asked for them; he didn't ask for anyone to spew regurgitations of facts.

Not sure where the thread got off topic.. But after re-reading the entire 180-something posts I got the impression that the two of you were pretty against XD's, though clearly I am wrong; you're only problem is with some of the XD owners; not the gun itself, except that you "didn't care for a needless grip safety, the TALL slide and the nimple looking thing hanging out the back of the slide", which to me seems like you might not like them? Maybe you DO like them, just not their features? :rolleyes:

Facts are for statistics. This thread is about opinions. I gave mine that it appears you don't like the guns so if I'm wrong I apologize.

But I won't call you an "asshat," compare you to the "libs at work" or call your signature silly. This, sir, is talking **** to fellow INGO'ers, some of whom you might not even know or be qualified to call an "asshat"

If the above examples don't qualify as being personal to you, I'm not sure what does.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    You're right, my apologies. It became personal when you called some of us XD owners "asshats" :rolleyes:

Do yourself a favor and go back and read this thread from the OP to now.

Watch how this evolves into where we are now. You chose to jump in at the end, I've been here since page 1. Maybe then you will understand my level of frustration. Regardless, I didn't make it personal until MY NAME was thrown in to the thread.

As far as the asshats, they know who they are, as they magically appear in every Glock thread... if the shoe fits, wear it. If not, it shouldn't bother you in the least.

Notice the guys who initially started the thread crapping aren't even posting anymore...

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Do yourself a favor and go back and read this thread from the OP to now.

Watch how this evolves into where we are now. You chose to jump in at the end, I've been here since page 1. Maybe then you will understand my level of frustration. Regardless, I didn't make it personal until MY NAME was thrown in to the thread.

As far as the asshats, they know who they are, as they magically appear in every Glock thread... if the shoe fits, wear it. If not, it shouldn't bother you in the least.

Notice the guys who initially started the thread crapping aren't even posting anymore...

K - I did as you asked.

Your first post was #24, mine was #48. My settings show 20 pages and yours was on page 3, mine page 5. So, no, I didn't choose to enter at the end. The only difference is that I didn't go back and forth for the entire 200 posts now like some posters did for several pages.

You called some XD owners "asshats" and compared them to libs long before I mentioned your name.

It doesn't bother me that you called someone else an asshat, unless you think I'm one for owning an XD. What does bother me is that you let your frustrations get the best of you and had to resort to calling names and making fun of signature lines.

The ones who aren't posting anymore are still reading it; I promise you.

They're just sitting back and watching now. :popcorn:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    You called some XD owners "asshats" and compared them to libs long before I mentioned your name.

Ummm, post #183 came before #189..... and again, to be factual... I said asshat owners... I didn't call you an asshat.

and compared them to libs long before I mentioned your name.

take a gander at post #40 for who started that crap....

What does bother me is that you let your frustrations get the best of you and had to resort to calling names and making fun of signature lines.

Why does my frustration bother you? Be honest, change your sig to say what you say it means "My XD > My Glock" or don't complain when someone says something about it.

Does the INGO Glockers group name say anything about any other gun? No... it say Glock.

What was the original name of the XD group again?...

Last edited:

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Ummm, post #183 came before #189..... and again, to be factual... I said asshat owners... I didn't call you an asshat.

take a gander at post #40 for who started that crap....

Oh the internet.. It's the only place where you have to word everything perfect or it gets spun.

Let me re-word my previous post precisely.
    You called some XD owners "asshats" and BEFORE THAT compared them to "libs at work"

I never said you called me an asshat. I said "unless you think I'm one for owning an XD"

And now we're finger pointing as to who started what when? :rolleyes:

I'm gonna be the bigger man here and end this... at least til 'someone' re-appears jumping my ****, which is almost inevitable.

I have no hard feelings Hickman. I look forward to many debates and sharing of info with you. You're clearly a valued and respected member on INGO. Have a good weekend!

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Hey... sorry guy's, I didn't mean to cause such scuffle. I was just looking for opinions.

No scuffle, you're fine.. Hickman offers plenty of valuable info here.... and if I can offer him any advice or info on anything, I'd be happy to do the same.

He's just like me... we're both gonna get the last word in! :D

And that's okay, too - it's good to be passionate about something - even if it's debating!

How you liking your new Glock?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    No scuffle, you're fine.. Hickman offers plenty of valuable info here.... and if I can offer him any advice or info on anything, I'd be happy to do the same.

He's just like me... we're both gonna get the last word in! :D

And that's okay, too - it's good to be passionate about something - even if it's debating!

How you liking your new Glock?

Ok, you get rep'd for that :D

Top Bottom