Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    OK, but do you have a dismissive label for tech workers like those at Salesforce? Something cute and catchy, like, I dunno, "taxpayers"?

Have you polled every Salesforce worker about their position on the issue or are you trusting their Gruppenführer? Not that I doubt there are plenty who are against it.

Salesforce should worry about making money rather than being SJW. They've been in the red for several years now.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I use SalesForce every day. Logged in right now, actually. Nice to know they care so little for me as a customer, and even less of me as a Hoosier. I am making a note of this, for the next time we evaluate vendors.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Have you polled every Salesforce worker about their position on the issue or are you trusting their Gruppenführer? Not that I doubt there are plenty who are against it.

Salesforce should worry about making money rather than being SJW. They've been in the red for several years now.
    Gruppenführer? Really? Grow up.

As for the opinions of the technically-inclined millennials that we're going to need to recruit here if we plan to sustain, let alone grow, the tech industry that we've just spent over a decade building here, feel free to check out Reddit or Twitter. Don't take my word for it; go straight to the source.

This "culture war" is getting in the way of what needs to be priority number one: getting Hoosiers back to work.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Perhaps it is just my circle of friends or family, but the responses I got today was that Indiana has headed in the same direction as the caliphates.

NumberCruncher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Hamilton Co
    ^^^^ Wow, so you are really going to equate the passage of this law to beheading people, mass murder, crucifying and burning people alive?!

That is unbelievable stunning.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Not me, but that is the reaction I'm getting. In my view, it makes no difference, although I do consider it a waste of taxpayer money to spend time constructing laws such as this.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This "culture war" is getting in the way of what needs to be priority number one: getting Hoosiers back to work.

Screw morality and freedom, $$$$$$$

And what's this Salesforce thing? Did I miss something in this thread. (yeah, TL/DR)

And why can't techies, like myself, also favor freedom?

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Gruppenführer? Really? Grow up.

As for the opinions of the technically-inclined millennials that we're going to need to recruit here if we plan to sustain, let alone grow, the tech industry that we've just spent over a decade building here, feel free to check out Reddit or Twitter. Don't take my word for it; go straight to the source.

Yes, really.

Set your own priorities, boyo. It's still a free ****ing country. Don't be surprised when you pick a battle if there are people on the other side.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    At least I'll still be able to look at myself in the mirror.

If I were the one keeping $50M a year flowing into the area, money that pays people's rents, bills, puts food on their tables, I think I could live with what I see just fine.

And that's just one convention; we haven't even started on the NCAA. It's easy to stand on principle when someone else gets to pay the bill.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    If I were the one keeping $50M a year flowing into the area, money that pays people's rents, bills, puts food on their tables, I think I could live with what I see just fine.

And that's just one convention; we haven't even started on the NCAA. It's easy to stand on principle when someone else gets to pay the bill.

So what, we prostitute ourselves out instead?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I'll be amazed if there's that many willfully ignorant people running companies and organizations.

No I wouldn't...many of the same have fallen for other emotionally charged, unsubstantiated calls to arms. And they've ****ed away millions and millions of dollars trying to keep the globe from warming or the ozone hole from growing--maybe they've got millions more to waste. :rolleyes:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    1c17d2f656eae63373b12b00b6392b94.jpg

Doesn't the left always eat **** like this up?

Or is there small print that says, "Unless they threaten to take the Final Four away, then focus on more money"

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    OK, but do you have a dismissive label for tech workers like those at Salesforce? Something cute and catchy, like, I dunno, "taxpayers"?
    How about politically-correct douchebags? Now, having made that nasty remark, I know a couple who work there (or at least they did when it was Exact Target) and I doubt they got wrapped around the axle like their CEO or the Mayor of San Francisco did. I still think this particular crisis is going to quietly go away - at least until some scumbucket tries to force a small business owner to ******** against the business owner's religious beliefs. And think about this: if a small business owner doesn't have strongly held beliefs, why in the wide wide world of sports would he turn down a sale?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Gruppenführer? Really? Grow up. As for the opinions of the technically-inclined millennials that we're going to need to recruit here if we plan to sustain, let alone grow, the tech industry that we've just spent over a decade building here, feel free to check out Reddit or Twitter. Don't take my word for it; go straight to the source. This "culture war" is getting in the way of what needs to be priority number one: getting Hoosiers back to work.
    Say, what do you suppose happens when there is a "culture war"? Do you expect one side to just give up? Or are you so sure of your own opinion that you don't feel you should have to put up with others disagreeing with you? There are plenty of Hoosiers - and others in this nation - who don't believe that the fact that you or anyone else calls us names "homophobe", "hater," "bigot" makes it so. If we want to continue to believe what we were taught as children, or what we came to believe as adults, we have the same rights to those beliefs as you have to yours and - at this point - we have the political will to push back against your beliefs and the strong-arm tactics some people are using to push their agendae on us.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    1c17d2f656eae63373b12b00b6392b94.jpg

Doesn't the left always eat **** like this up?

Or is there small print that says, "Unless they threaten to take the Final Four away, then focus on more money"

Would you like to let the people who would have been hired with that money know that living life on your terms was more important than creating jobs?

Top Bottom