• ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I looked for you or signs of other ingoers down there but no luck. The closest was a guy wearing a black shirt that said something about the 2nd amendment.

Will be there again all day tomorrow. I tried to keep an eye out for shirts, but there is just so much eyecandy and people around. Didn't seem to be as many costumes today, but I gather most of them will show tomorrow for the contest.

We still haven't tried any of the food trucks yet. I may venture over there tomorrow as well.

Tomorrow I have a much lighter schedule... some mini painting in the morning, and then we're going to try some LARP thing at the marriott. My son loves this. Me, not so much... but he has fun so I get dragged along. It's some true dungeon type thing, but not true dungeon, and under 13 can do it (hence why we are trying it out).
    I hope to sneak in a Dungeon Crawl Classics game later in the day.

My son was excited that the 'swag bag' actually included a bag this year. Last year was really disappointing with only the coupon book. Kind of a bummer that has dwindled each year, when attendance has gained so much.

I find it nice to see familiar faces each year. One woman in particular in a wheel chair that's all decked out steampunk style. It always puts a smile on my face when I see her wheeling about, and everyone taking photos of her.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    A friend of mine hit it for a few hours.

Scored a copy of Axis & Allies WWI variant for the nephews and an unpunched copy of Arab-Israeli Wars from Games Plus in Mount Prospect, IL and a re-release of Battle for Stalingrad from SPI (now Excalibre Games).

Geeky, but great day.

Saw not a single uniformed cop as there had to be 50K plus there today. Not a single damn cop. Apparently the way to a peaceful society is to make them all educated, gainfully employed introverts.

BTW, if you are the COO or CIO of a corporation just forget about getting any emergency IT work down this weekend. Your entire IT department is at Gen Con in Indianapolis.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    The police I saw were stationed at Georgia & Capital, near the food trucks.
    The added foot traffic for the Colts game made it pretty busy today, with many Colts fans taking a detour through the convention center for a looksee.

When I was a kid there were two Axis and Allies Games. Axis and Allies, and Fortress America. Now there are a buttload of variants on A&A (And I gather, way more rules).
    I still have an unpunched original set waiting for my son to get the gumption to play it with me.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I had an interesting time finding a room in Indy last night because of the convention. I saw some interesting stuff at the motel we finally found. A Van decked out like a ghost busters theme and a few people running around in costumes. It was amusing.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I overheard some workers at the mariott. the exact quote was "They made two thousand dollars at that station last night". What station, I do not know... but that's a lot of tips.
    Nerds aren't stingy apparently.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    A friend of mine hit it for a few hours.

Scored a copy of Axis & Allies WWI variant for the nephews and an unpunched copy of Arab-Israeli Wars from Games Plus in Mount Prospect, IL and a re-release of Battle for Stalingrad from SPI (now Excalibre Games).

Geeky, but great day.

Saw not a single uniformed cop as there had to be 50K plus there today. Not a single damn cop. Apparently the way to a peaceful society is to make them all educated, gainfully employed introverts.

BTW, if you are the COO or CIO of a corporation just forget about getting any emergency IT work down this weekend. Your entire IT department is at Gen Con in Indianapolis.

Not the ENTIRE dept. I'm a network engineer and I'm just not into it, so I'm still available. Closest I get is FPS' like the Battlefield series. (I stopped at BF3... Got tired of getting my ass handed to me by kids who have nothing better to do than play/practice for horus each and every day...)

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I know for sure I have the SPI Battle for Stalingrad; wish I'd known you wanted it. Family went today (Sunday) but I had too many car issues to deal with. Got the brakes on the Cad drivable, had to have the Ford Exhibitionist (or whatever in heck it's called) towed home and went and got it an alternator. Probably wouldn't have had enough walk for it anyway.

Top Bottom