• RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Video: Gen-Con returns to Indy | WISH-TV

OK, I don't always agree with estimate on revenues brought into the city, but they estimate 47 million. Regardless, it is all 'relative' and beat only by the superbowl.

12 years they've been in town... get ready for a week of geekery. I will be there with my son. No we don't dress up (not geek enough I suppose) unless you count INGO or RWVA shirts as dressing up? Looking forward to some fun gaming, browsing the crowded dealer hall, and of course people watching.

Hope to see some other INGO shirts there!!!!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    If we get to go, my son & I are set up with costumes; we'll be dressed up in yellow bunny suits with gas masks etc, he'll check things we find on the deck with a geiger counter, I'll get them with the picker and put them in a biohazard bag. I always thought that would creep people out to go down the street doing that in public. One of these days I'm going to disappear for a few years and come back not quite myself.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    If we get to go, my son & I are set up with costumes; we'll be dressed up in yellow bunny suits with gas masks etc, he'll check things we find on the deck with a geiger counter, I'll get them with the picker and put them in a biohazard bag. I always thought that would creep people out to go down the street doing that in public. One of these days I'm going to disappear for a few years and come back not quite myself.

I can assure you, no one would bat an eye. You may just win a contest with that getup!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone wanting to flee can come to Fort Wayne. We'll be playing board games with simple wooden blocks - not fancy hand painted miniatures. And we'll be doing it dressed in normal street clothes.

NO MAGIC OR POKEMON ALLOWED.

Now, where's my copy of Agricola...

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I guess it depends on what street. No one will bat an eye within a few blocks of gencon (maybe a few gawkers in cars), but I am not sure they hold costume contests on the street. then again, the con is pretty big, so anything could happen.

I have seen a fair share of gas masks (likely most were functional) on costumes at the con. I've also met appleseed instructors from Wisconsin while wearing an RWVA shirt. There are a lot of closet gamers out there :)

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Anyone wanting to flee can come to Fort Wayne. We'll be playing board games with simple wooden blocks - not fancy hand painted miniatures. And we'll be doing it dressed in normal street clothes.

NO MAGIC OR POKEMON ALLOWED.

Now, where's my copy of Agricola...

Gen Con LLC | Game Library and Pick-Up Play Area
    The games library has almost every game you can think of... from chinese checkers, to Sorry, to Scrabble...

Gencon is filled with board games. In fact, my son and I sampled many new boardgames each year (and other family games similar to pictionary etc) Maybe it's video games you were wanting to avoid? Though I think there is one room with video games.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Gencon is filled with board games. In fact, my son and I sampled many new boardgames each year (and other family games similar to pictionary etc) Maybe it's video games you were wanting to avoid? Though I think there is one room with video games.

Maybe I should have used more purple.

I'm just being snobbish. I'm a big Eurogamer, but I eschew anything involving collections - cards, miniatures, etc. And if you have to make up a story to play it...:nuts:

I actually have a good college friend who goes every year - we had to move our basement game-a-thon to avoid the schedule conflict.

I am asking for a friend.
    Your secret is safe with us.

PS - did anyone catch Jimmy Kimmel asking LA's [game]com attendees if they've ever had sex in the costume they were sporting?

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Really?

Are they re-releasing the old Avalon Hill games? I am asking for a friend.
    This I don't know. But I am certain the originals can be found for sale, and a search through the event catalog would likely result in games being played.

Maybe I should have used more purple.

I'm just being snobbish. I'm a big Eurogamer, but I eschew anything involving collections - cards, miniatures, etc. And if you have to make up a story to play it...:nuts:

I actually have a good college friend who goes every year - we had to move our basement game-a-thon to avoid the schedule conflict.

It's all good. I can't wrap my head around card games either. My son and I tried one year, but just never got into it. He collects many different types of cards for the art, but rarely plays any of those games.

PS - did anyone catch Jimmy Kimmel asking LA's [game]com attendees if they've ever had sex in the costume they were sporting?
    I have not, but heard about it.
    I was surprised to see Vin Deisel discuss his role playing hobby as a youngster on Fallon last week though.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Wow... Avalon Hill and no mention of Axis & Allies? I figured that game would appeal to most gamers on INGO

Top Bottom