• ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Wow. What kind of vehicle?

Wonder if others experience this drastic of a difference?

I'm gonna have to check my old vehicle's mileage I guess.

:)
    THe 06 Sierra is down from the good "pure gas" days from 24 highway to about 21-22 in summer. Winter is 19. Rio drops from the summer high of 37 to about 33 for winter fuel. Wife's Seltos we bought in winter new and it's been increasing steadily which is what Korean cars tend to do until about 10-15k miles so we will see what the drop will be. She's been averaging 35mpg out of it, so I'm guessing it'll be down around 32-33.

Historically on all of the vehicles we own its a 10% drop across the board.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    My old suburban runs just as good now as when new. It LOVES 90 octane ethanol free gas. Which I am currently getting cheaper than 93 octane e-gas. You have three options near your location…

The 4.8 doesn’t need 90 or 93 it’s happiest on 87

EDIT: The Rio racecar on the other hand.... It lives off 93 or higher. That GDI with a little carbon on the pistons pushing that CR up over 10.5:1

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    hit-dog.gif

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Sometimes I have no idea wtf you are saying. If you're referring to my objecting to vendors charging their credit card customers fees that are *higher* than they, the vendor pays, I called it "profiteering ". Which you somehow twisted into accusing me of being against a business making a "profit ". So here ya go, stop hollering:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Wow. What kind of vehicle?

Wonder if others experience this drastic of a difference?

I'm gonna have to check my old vehicle's mileage I guess.

:)
    I used to use the Fuelly app and checked my mileage weekly, though I quit a couple years ago. When I was tracking it, I could tell you the week they made the change every year. It was obvious on the graph.

My current Audi A6 drops from 26MPG to 23MPG in city driving from summer to winter blend. Highway I go from 33MPG to 28MPG.

This was also the case with my previous Audi A4.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I used to use the Fuelly app and checked my mileage weekly, though I quit a couple years ago. When I was tracking it, I could tell you the week they made the change every year. It was obvious on the graph.

My current Audi A6 drops from 26MPG to 23MPG in city driving from summer to winter blend. Highway I go from 33MPG to 28MPG.

This was also the case with my previous Audi A4.

Same on most vehicles I've ever owned, mileage always takes a dump in the winter.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Same on most vehicles I've ever owned, mileage always takes a dump in the winter.
    I know some of that is environmental as well. Colder temps mean denser air which requires more fuel to remain correct air/fuel and it takes longer to warm the engine up to make the oil thin out as well as longer to light the cats. BUT... the fuel switch is extremely obvious when it happens

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Just remember we are not buying Russian oil from Russia. We are buying Russian oil from India.
    We're really showing Putin a thing or two.
    * slight correction. We are buying refined oil products from India(made from Russian oil). Mostly because we have shut down enough of our own refineries we can no longer meet domestic demand(especially for diesel).

Myself and anyone paying attention to US import terminals do not believe the data after 2021. Not quite sure,but apparently the EIA is not tracking/adding import terminals from the east coast into the figures during the Biden admin. I only learned this by following some oil trading pages,but it seems to be the case.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Top Bottom