• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I pumped gas at a full service station when gasoline was the price on that sign. Washed the windows and thanked the customer with a smile.

When self service started taking hold, I still paid the extra few cents a gallon to keep the pump jockeys working and to avoid any gas smell on my good clothes. I thought it to be strange seeing a woman in a new Lincoln, wearing a fine dress with diamond jewelry get out and pump her own gas to save 60 or 70 cents per tank. Now we all do.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Saw diesel at Kroger and Speedway on Saturday for $5.199/gal around Westfield. A lot of stations are still around $4.899/gal.
    A fill-up (~30gal) is now more than the highest prices during the O administration.

Let's Go Brandon!

vulindlela

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2020
    Avon
    Thankfully, my wife only puts 3000 miles a year on her car, and I only put 8000 on mine.
    She can go a month on a full tank, and I can go 2 weeks.
    Still blows to be paying more though.

Let's Go Brandon!

Reactions: Leo

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Thankfully, my wife only puts 3000 miles a year on her car, and I only put 8000 on mine.
    She can go a month on a full tank, and I can go 2 weeks.
    Still blows to be paying more though.

Let's Go Brandon!
    It's not just the gas you are putting in your car.
    It's the gas the farmer uses.
    It's the gas the trucker uses.
    It's the gas manufacturing uses to make any items you need.
    It's the gas processing plants use for your food.

vulindlela

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2020
    Avon
    Oh yeah, I agree.
    It's going to get worse before better.

Lpherr

Occupied
    They don't need any gas... they just burn them down.:dunno:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Lol ya’ll are babies. Suck it up buttercups. If you wanna be mad at somebody, look at how much profit is being made off of you with no dip due to increased prices you’re paying.
    That's just capitalism. Price increases in manufacturing feedstocks are passed on to the purchaser, to a greater or lesser extent. In a highly volatile market like oil, they are passed on with minimal delay. How dependent are airlines on the price of fuel and how quickly did they raise prices? How are their profits doing?

What you should concentrate on is why the cost of crude oil is spiking. Give special consideration to the cancellation of Keystone XL and the increase of red tape and disruption of drilling in this country as well as the fact that the Saudis won't take Biden's calls

Ask yourself if the price instability is necessary

If your conclusion is they are not, as is true with me, then ask yourself who is most directly responsible for the situation

And while you're at it, if as is likely you wish to blame Putin like a good little apparatchik, ask yourself who's is most directly responsible for showing that the US, under his leadership internationally, is weak, feckless and indecisive. Then ask yourself if such an impression encouraged Putin to take Ukraine while that administration is in power when he did not do so under the previous one

All blame points to the sock puppet in chief, and unless you are riding around on the red line you are paying the high prices, too - although possibly with government aid other peoples money

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Lol ya’ll are babies. Suck it up buttercups. If you wanna be mad at somebody, look at how much profit is being made off of you with no dip due to increased prices you’re paying.
    And just how much profit is made off a gallon of gas? This reminds of peoples complaints about how much the Walton family makes and the wages of their employees. Without figuring just how much they make off of each employee. I figured it out one time years ago, if they took no profit and gave it all to the employees it was something iirc about $10 a year. May have been more but it was a couple of cents an hour max.

Top Bottom