• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I'll go out on a limb here and say, he's not entirely wrong. Oil companies have plenty to do with it.

Oil companies have been raking in record profits as the price we pay at the pump goes up and up. They could choose to lower their margin a bit and help out the masses, but they won't. Their primary responsibility is to their shareholders and their shareholders demand maximized profit. 2020 was a rough year for big oil. They aren't about to cut us a break.
    And oil employees could take pay cuts to also bring the price down. Same with doctors and nurses when it comes to reducing medical costs to patients. I guess we could expect auto manufacture employees to do the same to reduce the price we pay for cars. Should we go on to every job that has had higher prices on their goods and services over the last year? Pointing fingers as you are takes the light off the one responsible for allowing it to get to this point.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    We torched our relationship with the Saudis over dumbass lib freakouts and now they're telling us to pound sand when we need their oil.

Consequences.
    Maybe we can tell them to pound sand at the next fighter plane purchase request.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I'll go out on a limb here and say, he's not entirely wrong. Oil companies have plenty to do with it.

Oil companies have been raking in record profits as the price we pay at the pump goes up and up. They could choose to lower their margin a bit and help out the masses, but they won't. Their primary responsibility is to their shareholders and their shareholders demand maximized profit. 2020 was a rough year for big oil. They aren't about to cut us a break.
    Do YOU work for free? Or even take less pay to "help everyone else out"? Your ideology is screwy.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And oil employees could take pay cuts to also bring the price down. Same with doctors and nurses when it comes to reducing medical costs to patients. I guess we could expect auto manufacture employees to do the same to reduce the price we pay for cars. Should we go on to every job that has had higher prices on their goods and services over the last year? Pointing fingers as you are takes the light off the one responsible for allowing it to get to this point.
    What could we get better prices on if we cut your income? All the bucks the executives get are a drop in the bucket of the price of a barrel of oil. You are not suggesting that the guys on the rigs take less? The drivers delivering take less?

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    What could we get better prices on if we cut your income? All the bucks the executives get are a drop in the bucket of the price of a barrel of oil. You are not suggesting that the guys on the rigs take less? The drivers delivering take less?
    sorry, I didn’t use purple.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

My rich brother out east owns an 18,000 lb Carolina Cruiser with two turbo diesels. I believe it has 500 gallon tanks. He is totally conservative and as pissed as I about current .gov and current events. While he can certainly afford the higher prices, he knows many people can not, and he does care. I'm going to make him take me joy riding in it this spring, just for the hell of it!

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I don't check in much anymore. I moved out of Indiana.

Yes, still much happier having Biden than Trump.
    3Ia3Aqg.gif

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Wow! “Price gouging”. Where people tell the owner what price he is allowed to charge for what he owns.

What on earth is wrong with buying low and selling high?
    A lot depends on circumstances, unless you approve of things like Skrelli raising the price of epipens to $600 just because he could

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Trying To figure this out. Got gas tonight 87 octane regular was $4.25, 89 octane mid grade $4.55, 93 octane $4.90. The 90 octane ethanol free was $4.06.

Why?

Top Bottom