• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    Same here in fort wayne... F'ing BS, I remember the big O saying that things were stabilizing and that we were going to be seeing lower gas prices over time...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Last week while in Tennessee, I saw gas prices as low as $3.19. I'll text my brother and see what it's going for now.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Seems like no one listened to O'Bummer when he was campaigning the first time. He said that the price of gasoline needed to jump to $5/gallon, but just not too fast. This was that people would drive less and he and his minions would be able to modify our behaviors to something more resembling that of a socialized society and get over our love with our automobiles. He actually wants us to live in dimly lit little mud dark huts that are steambaths in the summer and freezers in the winter and to not visit the hospital when we become deathly ill. This, however, is not the life style that he or his buddies or any of the Washington politicians will have to endure. Have you noticed that the oil companies are not even bothering to lie to us about these overnite steep jumps in gasoline prices. At least they used to tell us that it was due to a hurricane in Indonesia or the EPA's regulations that caused it.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    There is always an excuse. The busy season is always the best time to shut down and do maintenance right?

This while last month we exported more refined petroleum products than at any point in history.Our number one export is diesel/fuel oil,followed closely by gasoline.

Why yes high demand means we should take refineries off line for maintenance.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Not trying to start anything about anyone making a profit as I am a firm believer in capitalism, but I would like to know where that extra 40 cents a gallon is going. Anyone know? And not the break down of the price of a gallon, but specifically the 40 cents it has gone up between last week and today. Thanks.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Not trying to start anything about anyone making a profit as I am a firm believer in capitalism, but I would like to know where that extra 40 cents a gallon is going. Anyone know? And not the break down of the price of a gallon, but specifically the 40 cents it has gone up between last week and today. Thanks.

It was just a few weeks ago we got down to around the high 3.50's, inflation can explain the rise over time but .60 cents in a couple weeks I don't think is related to the value of the dollar like the articles Kut posted. That's another 12.00 to fill my tank, if you have a bigger vehicle or truck it's got to be ridiculous.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It was just a few weeks ago we got down to around the high 3.50's, inflation can explain the rise over time but .60 cents in a couple weeks I don't think is related to the value of the dollar like the articles Kut posted. That's another 12.00 to fill my tank, if you have a bigger vehicle or truck it's got to be ridiculous.

I was about to post the same thing. No doubt dollar valuation has a long term effect but it doesn't explain $.60/gal difference between geographic regions nor does it explain price spikes like what these.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Question: Why have gas prices jumped so much in the past week? :dunno:

Answer: Because "Big Oil" wanted them to jump.:(

It's call Supply and Demand. The oil companies have the Supply and can Demand what price we pay for it! :xmad:

Top Bottom